Which is the best Family Beach in Nassau?

frisquito

I went to the BCH 2 weeks ago. It was nice, relaxing and I am glad I went. 5 points I want to share.

1) I do not suggest going to the free beach down the street. There are pushy vendors there. It is not as clean as the hotel beach and if you choose to rent chairs or umbrellas through the vendors you just save a little money over using the hotels facilities. It also is a longer walk. A previous poster said there was 1 vendor but if it is the one I walked by she is pushy. She even followed me while I walked back to the hotel.

2) I visited the hotel on a Tuesday, Mardi Gras to be exact there was no band or music that day. It was very quiet and subdue lots of hamocks and chairs for relaxing. If you want to party I do not suggest there. I went to the hotel desk and they charged $30 for 2 adults and did not charge for the 2 year old travelling with us. They gave us several towels and there are restrooms, a bar, and restaurant available. The bar and restaurant are pretty expensive.

3) If you decide to go to the hotel I suggest if you want drinks to go across the street to the liqour store. I was able to purchase several beers, sodas, and waters for normal coveneince store prices. I drank them on the beach and no one hasseled us about bringing them there.

4) The beach is good for young kids b/c they have toys like trucks, shovels, etc but if you decide to use the pool it is pretty deep and not recommended for young travelers.

5) The hotel is a close walk from the ship. I could see the hotel from the ship. If you walk past the straw market the beach is behind Senor Frogs although you are unable to access it through the restaurant.

We will be going to Nassau in April and were thinking of getting a day pass at either this hotel or the Wyndam/Sheraton on Cable Bch. We will be traveling with kids ranging in age from 7 up to 16...since you've been there recently, what do you think about the older kids at this beach...you mentioned and others have said it's quiet...I don't want a party atmosphere but I don't want my kids to feel like they can't have fun playing in the pool/ocean!!

Jen&Rich....You can see Atlantis from the ship, it's just over the bridge. It's a just a few minutes by cab. 2boys2girls....I think your 16yr would be kinda bored, although they hold salsa dance lessions by the pool and the group seems to be about that age group. Not much else to do except swim, lay out, have a beverage, etc....

Archived