Info. on Riviera deck on Crown Princess?

laurenriker

Just wondering if anyone has sailed on the Crown Princess and if so, if you have any information about cabins on the Riviera deck. We have booked cabin 520 and just wanted to see if anyone had any feedback. I read one review (after the fact) about deck chairs and loud noise above sicne it's the deck right below the Lido deck. Also, any information about the size and shelter of the balcony on this deck would be much appreciated! Thanks! :)

Lauren

I have read several reports on chair noise from the pool deck above. Further aft is under the restaurant and the carpeting provides more sound insulation. We didn't experience any noise in r714 last week.

The balconies themselves are standard size, about 5 feet deep, door to railing. They are very sheltered, with the Lido deck overhanging by probably 6 or 7 feet.

Some people hear the deck chairs, and others do not. Your cabin is located near the entrance to Horizon court, so I would think you will not be subjected to the dragging of lounge chairs; there are usually round tables and plastic chairs in the area above you, and they should be much quieter than the areas where the lounge chairs are moved, stacked and dragged.

dan-

thanks for the information. we're hopeful that our location will be great. we don't plan to spend much time in our room, but of course, you still want it to be nice and pleasant while you are in there. we're in a new port each day so we'll be up early anyway.

can't wait!

good news. i was having a hard time figuring out exactly what our room was under. sounds like we're better off being a little further down so that we're not under the pool. we wanted a midship cabin for motion issues since we heard that you tend to feel less motion midship. i tend to be sensitive to that, unlike my husband who isn't effected at all. we're really looking forward to it! i just got one of those "biobands" that's supposed to work on accupressure points to relieve motion sickness. i hope it works!

thanks for taking the time to respond-

lauren

Archived