Cococay questions

mrstay

1) I know there are lockers - how much and are they the in and out all day kind? Are they located near the tendering area?

2) Have read about ones that want to snorkel having the rent a life vest and it being mandatory to wear if you want to snorkel? Is this true? What if you just want to swim?

3) Can you bring your own float mat for the water? I know you can bring it, but will they let you use it?

Tammy

1) I know there are lockers - how much and are they the in and out all day kind? Are they located near the tendering area?

2) Have read about ones that want to snorkel having the rent a life vest and it being mandatory to wear if you want to snorkel? Is this true? What if you just want to swim?

3) Can you bring your own float mat for the water? I know you can bring it, but will they let you use it?

Tammy

I am not sure about the lockers. I have been to Coco Cay twice, and was not aware there were lockers.

Yes, you need a life vest if you are going to snorkel, you can rent them if needed, but you do not need a vest just for swimming.

You can use your own mat if you want. They are $10 to rent for the day. We usually buy cheap ones from WalMart or The Dollar Store, then just leave them there.

1)

Dh and I snorkeled with our own equipment and didn't use a vest. No one said anything to us.

Others have said as much as well, but I think it is required. Perhaps just not noticed or enforced hard?

Good question lol. The beach area we were on didn't really have an RCCL employees on it. I don't really think they are looking at that sort of thing. On the contrary, we snorkeled pretty close to shore too, so maybe that's why no one said anything. I think requiring it is more to cover their rear if someone is to go missing. I also did see a fellow passenger with a pretty cool vest tan. lol!

Archived