QM2 Upgrade Next To The Laundry

Toffeegirl68

We have been notified of an upgrade from D5 to D6. (Hurrah!)

Our 'new' cabin is 6255 which, on checking the deck plan, is near but seemingly not quite next to, the laundry room. We don't tend to hang about in our cabin so are not sure that it will be a problem.

Has anyone had a cabin next to or near a laundry room?

Is this likely to drive me mad? :eek:

Jo

We have been notified of an upgrade from D5 to D6. (Hurrah!)

Our 'new' cabin is 6255 which, on checking the deck plan, is near but seemingly not quite next to, the laundry room. We don't tend to hang about in our cabin so are not sure that it will be a problem.

Has anyone had a cabin next to or near a laundry room?

Is this likely to drive me mad? :eek:

Jo

Hi

Our Stateroom on QV was next to the Laundry, never heard a thing, also they do close in the evening and reopen next morning :D

Gav :cool:

We were one door down and across the hall from the laundry San Francisco to Southampton 2006: we thought it would be handy. Noise was not a problem, but as soon as each segment group boarded, they "claimed" the laundry as a social spot with baskets stacked in the hall, lines out and down the hall, and, if you did not constantly monitor your batch, it was out in the hall also!

We finally realized the day before major port days were light laundry days, and could catch a washer empty while coming going to our room: otherwise we just decided there were more important things to do than laundry!

But proximity was no problem: just a bunch of people to squeeze by and catch snippets of horrendous rumors: just like on the internet!

David in Ohio

• 3 weeks later...
J,

Remember that QE2 has one big laundry, QM2 has several smaller rooms, so the social side is not there as much.

J

I checked out the laundry room on the QM2 the other day and it only has 3 sets of washer/dryer combos -- definitely different from the QE2 where there's about 12 or so washer/dryer sets, plus a separate room that has 8 ironing boards. I agree that the QE2 could be a social setting, although I have heard of fights that start also. I even saw Malcolm there ironing last Jan 08 transatlantic!

Very pleased to read this posting, I too have just had the "next to laundry room" upgrade (D8 to D6 on QM2 Deck 5). I had wondered if there would be noise, but seems as though that is not likely to be a problem.

Find it amusing that travelling solo I now have a room that sleeps 4, assume tht will mean MORE closet space, now all I need is the airline to increase the luggage allowance.!

I also have had an upgrade from origionally a D4 to a D1 both of which were deck 6 midship

I have now been upgraded to a C2 ocean view room but this if very much forward on the ship. I am wondering about noise or perhaps more vibration as it is on deck 4. I have pretty good sea legs these days but I am also thinking about how much movement there would be in stormy sea conditions. I am off on Wednesday 27th NY and then on board on the 29th.

Sue

Archived