Ocean Resort Hotel - Waikiki....input or opinions?

schmolke

Hi all,

Hubby stayed at this place for his senior trip back in 1987. He wants to take a trip down memory lane and stay there again when we take a couple extra days on Oahu before we fly back.

I've read reviews on TripAdvisor.com about this place, and everyone seems to rave about the value for the money and it has surprisingly good feedback. Most importantly, the price seems pretty inexpensive.

Anyone been to this place, or seen it, or know what's around it? As always, your input is much appreciated. I've tried getting reservations/prices, but we're still too far out (has to be 330 days away, or less).

Thanks all!

Devonne

Celebrity Infinity - March 2005

Star Princess - September 2003

Regal Princess - August 2002

There are a LOT of hotels in this area - don't know this one particularly. However, the comments that I've made in the past regarding the surrounding area of the Radisson Waikiki, the Waikiki Marriott, and the Pacific Beach hold for this hotel as well since it's in the same area. Good location. Check about parking though (if you're renting a car).

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Hey Spleen,

I will read your posts regarding the surrounding area. Having never, ever been to Hawaii, I don't know one end of Waikiki from another! Sounds like there's lotsa good stuff in that neck of the woods, though....

Parking is $8 per day, but I've read plenty of helpful hints about getting cheaper parking in that area. The hotel has a room/car deal, which we'll probably take, since we do want to have a car to go around the island ( I really wanna see the big waves at North Shore).

Anyway, as always, thanks for the info! I hope someone in CruiseCriticLand can give me firsthand feedback....

Later,

Devonne

Celebrity Infinity (Hawaii) - March 2005

Star Princess (Alaska) - September 2003

Regal Princess (Alaska) - August 2002

Archived