Baltimore to BWI and Train Station

DVC_Chris

Hi all,

Was hoping for a little bit of help, my party will be doing the Grandeur Repo cruise between San Juan and Baltimore in April. My in laws live in PA, and will be taking a flight out of BWI to get back to Pittsburgh, since I live on Long Island, I was thinking of taking Amtrak to Penn Station... any recommendations on the best way to do this transportation?

Thanks!

Southwest flies to Pittsburgh and Islip from BWI. Amtrak leaves from BWI or Penn Station on Charles St.

The demand for taxis after a repo is much greater than supply. The surest thing after a repo is the cruise line transfer. You could all go to BWI and then utilize the free airport shuttle to the BWI Rail Station.

You could also make your own arrangements with a private company like http://www.bwitransportation.com who are very familiar with the port.

Supershuttle is another good choice. It should take about 15-20 minutes to the airport. Amtrak station is about 3 miles from the airport. Keep in mind if you have luggage on Amtrak, you will have to carry it on the train with you.

I think you mean the downtown Baltimore Amtrak station (Penn Station) is 3 miles from the cruise port, right? Your wording was a little confusing. :)

As the crow flies, Penn Station (in Baltimore) is about 3 miles from the pier. The BWI Airport Amtrak station is probably 2 to 3 miles from the Airport.

It might be 2-3 miles from the terminal...but it is still the airport! They are on the same property, I believe, and the shuttle between the two is quite regular as I recall.

If you look at this map you can see both the airport terminal and the rail station (upper left corner, the blue "train" icon). The path between them can be seen here - you're right, it is about two miles, but I wouldn't say it requires a separate arduous journey or anything. :)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your responses, I am sorry if my original post was a bit confusing. I called BWI transportation, and they are able to set me up with a very reasonable rate, so we will be taking one shuttle to the airport, where three people will be flying out, and my wife and I will be taking the train back north.

Thanks again!

Archived