Question on cave-tubing.com tour

skachelmeyer

I currently have a reservation with cave-tubing.com for our excursion in Belize. After reading a couple of reviews I have a question. How often is lunch skipped on this tour. I knew when I made the reservation that the lunch was based on if the group wanted to go or not. But after thinking about if, I am pretty sure that my daughter and I will really want to do the lunch, and if we skip it because a majority of people would rather get back I would disappointed. So now I am considering changing my reservation. It seems like Major Tom it is more set in stone and if I request lunch in my reservation that we would be going. What experience do you have with regards to lunch. Did you go or skip it?

. . . and he will see to it that you are able to do EXACTLY what you want to do. Also he loves to eat, and lunch is his major meal for the day. :D

I know very little firsthand about the other company, yet I feel I know far too much ever to use it. :rolleyes: Or to recommend it. I HAVE seen it operating . . . . It is a much larger operation than Major Tom has; probably any inferences you can make from that would be correct. Major Tom has two comfortable 14-passenger Toyota vans--fairly new and with functioning air conditioners--and he hires additional assistance as he requires it based on the size of his group.

I don't know about the other company, but Cave-Tubing.com was wonderful and I would recommend them. Lunch is at Iquana Rana which is where they pick you up and drop you off. It is totally up to you whether or not you do lunch. They only mention a time factor if you have to get back to your ship early or not. We had to be back on our ship by 4:30, but Richard and the gang had us back before 3:00pm, so we had plenty of time to eat and do some shopping.

Our ship came in late, so we had to take the later trip at 10:00. They waited for us. Yhoni and his group are very entertaining and accommodating! I recommend doing the ATV jungle tour with the cave-tubing. There were only 4 of out of our group that did this and we had the best time!

They also offer snacks at very reasonable prices after the cave-tubing, to eat on the way back to Iguana Ranas. We had ice creams, chips and candy. They offered us free water and a taste of Cashew Wine! If lunch is your only concern, stick with Cave-Tubing.com, you won't regret it.

Enjoy!

Cyndi

We just returned from the 1/19 - 26 NCL Sun cruise, and the highlight of the trip was cave tubing in Belize with cave-tubing.com. The guides were entertaining, informative, and wonderful. Other family members booked through NCL and paid 2x more for much less: the cave-tubing.com team carried our tubes for us most of the way, plus they guided (and towed) us through the caves. I understand some other groups are left on their own to paddle their way around. Can't say enough good things about Richard, Kurt, Lenar(?), and the very, very cute driver with the beautiful smile!! ;)

One of the reasons why cave-tubing.com may get back to the ship later than the other tours is because they try their best to get you to do an extra cave, which hardly any other tour does. When I was there two weeks ago, I didn't see any other group start past the first cave except... well... us. It was definitely worth it.

On our tour we just went straight back to the cruise port. We were back by 3pm which gave us plenty of time on our own to shop and eat.

If you want to be on the fun, party bus, Yhony is certainly your guy.

. . . and I am not sure why. It is certain that some inferences are wholly incorrect. But this is hardly the first time that this has happened, as the caves are a hotly-contested adventure venue--in which almost everyone can have a great deal of fun, if they go with a responsible company. 97% of the companies are alleged to be responsible, including those WHICH THE CRUISELINES SPONSOR. That leaves 3%: and they know who they are; and they and their farflung relatives go to elaborate lengths to conceal the truth. :cool:

I just got back from a cruise with NCL last week and went with Yhonny and the guys from Cave-tubing.com. This was the highlight of our entire cruise, and something that we will definately do again, with the same company. Our group did not get to stop for lunch, but for a very good reason. We waited until 10:00 for everyone to arrive at the meet-up site before we left for the caves (some people were very very late!) We arrived at the caves around 11:15 and started our trek through the jungle. We were in the water around 12:15 or so (we had a few elderly people in our group that we waited for on the walk). We arrived back to the tour bus around 1:45 and left at 2:00. Since Yhonny promised us (and this is VERY important to him) that he would get us back on time, the decision was made not to stop for lunch. We were back at the cruise terminal by 3:00pm with plenty of time to eat at the Wet Lizard or any of the other restaurants in the area and also do some shopping. In my oppinion stopping for lunch was not a big deal as we have the chance to eat as soon as we arrived back. The decision to stop or not largely depends on the group demographics, we had a farely large group that day (30 or so) with all different age groups (4 - 60+). We also had several people that were running late which also effected it. Hope this helps in your decision. These guys truely are professional and we had an awesome time with them. Also, the Wet Lizard is great for lunch.

-Lissa

We also had Yhonny and he was wonderful. He kept our group connected unlike other tours that had people tubing on their own. We did get to eat (chips, cokes, hot tamale, ice cream) and then when he dropped us off in town we went to the wet lizard for drinks & appetizers. Great day. Don't book with anyone else. I saw the difference. Also, we paid $45 and the ship wanted $100.

We just came off the Carnival Legend and did cave tubing with cave-tubing.com on the 25th. We lucked out...usually Thursdays are the last scheduled day for cruise ships in Belize...but we went on friday after a change in itinerary and were the only ship there! We still filled up an entire bus though. They were right there waiting for us when we got off the ship around 9-9:30ish and we left right away. On the way back we stopped for snacks but the only real discussion of lunch was them telling us if we went to the Iguana Rana (right outside the terminal area) we could get a $6 traditional Belize lunch if we told them we were with cave-tubing.com. HOwerver, since we were there on a Friday (when cruise ships are normally not in port) they were not really ready for us and the only thing they had was chicken fingers and fried carrots! Itwas actually pretty funny. Regardless, we had a GREAT time. We passed the carnival excursion group on the walk to the river and the girls on the carnival excursion were all mad that we did not have to carry our own tubes and they did. Richard and Tigre were awesome and the whole thing was a great experience.

Archived