Cancel for any reason......

Lovely_Star

Can someone please recommend a travel insurance company who sells insurance with this type of cancellation policy, which allows you to cancel for any reason . . . in other words it does not have to be a “covered” reason?

Have you booked your cruise yet? Go to insuremytrip.com. There are at least two that will reimburse at 75% for any reason. Note that they have to be purchased within 7-14 days of deposit. They are typically voided if you try to cancel and rebook.

The best ones seem to be directly through the cruise line for "Any Reason". HAL gives 90% back in cash at 30 days to 24 hours, while Princess and Celebrity give future cruise credit.

Have you booked your cruise yet? Go to insuremytrip.com. There are at least two that will reimburse at 75% for any reason. Note that they have to be purchased within 7-14 days of deposit. They are typically voided if you try to cancel and rebook.

The best ones seem to be directly through the cruise line for "Any Reason". HAL gives 90% back in cash at 30 days to 24 hours, while Princess and Celebrity give future cruise credit.

Thank you for your response. No, we have not booked our cruise yet . . . I wanted to get the insurance thing straightened out first to make sure we are completely covered before we go ahead and book. I was on insuremytrip.com recently and didn’t see any companies that offered this type of policy, but guess I’d better go back and do some more research since you say there are two company’s that offer this. Hopefully we won’t need to use the “cancel for any reason” policy, as I’d much rather cruise, but just in case I run into a conundrum in my line of work where I am unable to get the time off at the very last minute.

Archived