Door decor?

UtterCaro

Have to say I was very surprised when boarding Tahitian Princess last year, after not cruising for about 7 years, to find our names on the door and a little mailbox for all the junk mail they insist on handing out. I thought maybe it was a new trend but of course did not encounter it on X last fall. I still think it's odd--and you should have seen the number of balloons and other adornmenst--I think every other cabin had a birthday, anniversary, or was "just married"!

Having said that, we had a great CC group on Century and we all had printed signs on our doors with our first names. Some people down the hall thought we were actually professional "cruise critics". We got a big laugh out of that!

Cathy

...Some people down the hall thought we were actually professional "cruise critics". We got a big laugh out of that!...

On one of our cruises they put a sign outside of Micheal's Club for the Connections Party - but the sign just said: "Cruise Critic Meeting" or something like that. Half way through this little old lady came in and sat next to us and started talking about things on the ship - had no idea what cruise critic was:eek: Likewise, the next day these people walked up to me and said something like: "Weren't you at the Cruise Critic meeting we saw? Well we have something for you to include in your report....". I explained to them what cruise critic was, but every time they saw me after that, usually in the bar, they came over and, in jest, gave me another observation to include in my "report".

Archived