Children's menus on NCL

HLH40

Hi

NCL Sun 7/20 Alaska

as a first time crusier can someone help me by answering some questions regarding the meals in the main restaurants. My 7 year old is alittle fussy when coming to eating and her diet is quite limited. I am sure that she will eat food from the buffet (pizza's and pasta) but wonder what choice is available else where? We don't want to spend the whole of our trip eating from the buffet. Are there children's menus in all restaurants including the speciality restaurants?

Look forward to hearing from you experienced cruise travellers

Hi

NCL Sun 7/20 Alaska

as a first time crusier can someone help me by answering some questions regarding the meals in the main restaurants. My 7 year old is alittle fussy when coming to eating and her diet is quite limited. I am sure that she will eat food from the buffet (pizza's and pasta) but wonder what choice is available else where? We don't want to spend the whole of our trip eating from the buffet. Are there children's menus in all restaurants including the speciality restaurants?

Look forward to hearing from you experienced cruise travellers

Yes, there is a children's menu available in all the DR's including the specialties. It is similiar to a kid's menu you'd expect to find at an AppleBees type restaurant and includes all the basic kid staples~Grilled Cheese, Hamburgers, Chicken Fingers, Spaghetti, etc. It stays the same for the entire week. I would usually have the waiter bring a plate of steamed veggies to go along with my kids' meals as they were a little lacking in the veggie department. Some nights for a change of pace mine would order something off the adult menu. My 4 yo discovered he LOVES chilled soup:)

Here's the kids' menu from our last NCL cruise last March:

juices - orange, apple, lemonade

Soup'er Douper Noodle Soup - nothing green! chicken-noodle only

hamburger of cheeseburger with ranch fries (ranch fries?)

hot dog with battered fries & things (don't know what this means exactly)

onion rings

cheese or pepperoni pizza

peanut butter & jelly sandwich

spaghetti plain or with cheese or meat sauce

grilled cheese with curly fries

breaded chicken patties and fries

fruit medley

iceberg lettuce with oranges and choice of dressings

and ice creams and sherbets for dessert

There's always a steak, grilled chicken breast, baked potato, salad, etc. available every night on the adult menu.

The kids' menu is the same every night and in every restaurant.

Hope this helps!

Also good to know is that if your child orders off the children's menu in a specialty restaurant with a cover charge, the child will not be charged the cover charge. They will be charged the cover charge if they order a main entree off of the specialty restaurant's menu, however.

Archived