Help with excursion on Valor...

sarahsema

I need some help and am hoping that all of you cruise vets out there have some advice....

We are cruising on the Valor in July (Western Car.) and want to do some specific things.

In Belize, we are hoping to visit Lamanai, but Carnival does not have an excursion there. The only one I have found is through belizecruiseexcursions.com who posts a minimum age of 6 (we have a 3 year old and a great backpack for hiking with her!)... any thoughts???

In Grand Cayman, I want to do Stingray City and the Turtle Farm. Carnival does have an option for this one, but is is expensive!!! Anyone know of another outfitter that does both in one tour?

In Roatan, we want to visit a beach, Coral Cay possibly for relaxing and snorkeling... Bodden Tours is expensive for just a beach trip (we don't want a whole tour). Any other recommendations for a way to get there (we have been told to plan transportation ahead of time in Roatan).

In Cozumel, any ideas???

:o :o :o :o :o

Cozumel has great snorkeling there if you like to do that, don't remember who we went through but there are inexpensive local places you can use once you get there. They also have a really great little shopping center right where you get off at the island.

I agree that you want to have your time and transportation for excursions in Roatan figured out ahead of time- we spent the day there (Valor 1/20-1/27) and although the beaches are beautiful, the island itself is not very developed and I think you will feel more secure if you plan out your day ahead of time.

We did a beach day (booked through the ship) at Tabanya Beach (I think that was the name!). It was a beautiful beach with lockers, restroom facilities, a small grill, live music and very friendly staff. You could snorkle right off of the beach- and rent equipment for $5. Since it is a private property, you won't encounter the aggressive vendors all trying to sell you trinkets, and you can have a nice relaxing day at the beach!

In Cozumel I always go to Paradise Beach club. A taxi is about $15, that's for the taxi not per person. Paradise Beach is great, pretty beach, lots of activities for the kids. Theres a bar and restaurant there and you can get great massages right on the beach for about a dollar a minute. There wasn't a charge to use the chairs and umbrellas last time I was there but I have heard that it's $10 now, refundable if you order food or drinks. I don't know if the last part is correct, but Paradise Beach is great.

Terri

I sailed on the Valor last year and booked excursions at all of the ports.. My favorite was in Roatan where we went to Tabyana Beach (as someone else mentioned) The beach was BEAUTIFUL and it had a ton of activities, shopping, and food. I liked this excursion b/c our group actually split up, half went zip-lining and the other half did a dolphin excursion, but both took you to tabyana beach for the second half of the day. Definitley worth the money!

We took Carnival Liberty in July of 2007 and one of the ports was the Cayman Islands. I don't have any outside tour operator info for the Stingray trip but I can say we did it thru Carnival and it was SO much fun!

We were a family of 8 with ages ranging from 6 to 77 and we all loved it...the sandbar is out in the ocean and the water is crystal clear. My 10 yr old daughter was a little scared at 1st and wouldn't get in but once you get used to the stingrays all around you and even swimming thru your legs, it's an experience you will never forget.

I highly recommend it however you book it!!!

Enjoy your cruise!

You could always just email Victor Bodden and see what he would quote you for what you want. I can't hurt to ask. It might be cheaper than what is posted on his site, if you explain exactly what you want.

BTW, we just used him last week and we had a wonderful time.

We did the Carnival private island beach tour in Belize. It was a very nice relaxing time. I am glad that we didn't go into Belize. I didn't hear one positive thing from those who went ashore.

Archived