Dunns Falls with ship tour-how long?

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes the climb the falls with a ship tour? We're sailing on RCCL Freedom of the Seas and will be doing this tour on 2/6. I know there are tons of variables but I'm just trying to get a ball park idea so I can plan a tour that gives us the most bang for our buck. Do these tours often sell out? I think I waited too long to book online so I'll have to see what is available once we're on board. It's our first time going so due to several concerns and just for our general comfort a non-ship tour is out of the question for us.

I did also post this question on the ports of call board but wanted to post it here also to get the opinion of folks who have done RCCL DRF ship tours.

Thank you!

It says the duration of the tour, but doesn't say how long the falls take. The tours are always listed with DRF AND a stop here or there for shopping or this or that and I wondering how long the actual falls take b'c that is the part I really want to do. I would be coming off the ship in Ocho Rios, not coming from MoBay. But thanks for the info :)

we had to wait about 15 minutes before they took us down where the climb begins. I don't know if this was because some people were attending to my mil who fell over the speed bump on the pedestrian walkway(she had no intention of climbing the falls). Once down at the beginning we waited another 10 minutes or so including instructions. I would say the actual climb took 45 minutes to an hour(ballpark figure). I thought it was awesome.

I would agree that climbing the falls takes approximately 45 minutes. It's a blast! Be sure to have water shoes and a waterproof disposable camera. My pic below is from DRF.

45mins sounds about right. One of the most fun things we have done as a family. Great pictures and memories.

Thank you! Have any of you done the RCCL ship tours to DRF? If so which one did you do? Trying to decide...it's so confusing because one will say 4 hours, one will say 2 and I was just wondering how much time might be spent on a bus to gosh knows where when we really just want to do the falls! Was thinking about the falls and dolphin touch or maybe a beach type thing after or before the falls.

Any recommendations? We don't care for gardens or ruins and will only go with a ships tour.

Thank you!

Thank you! Have any of you done the RCCL ship tours to DRF? If so which one did you do? Trying to decide...it's so confusing because one will say 4 hours, one will say 2 and I was just wondering how much time might be spent on a bus to gosh knows where when we really just want to do the falls! Was thinking about the falls and dolphin touch or maybe a beach type thing after or before the falls.

Any recommendations? We don't care for gardens or ruins and will only go with a ships tour.

Thank you!

We booked ours through RCCL. I think it was called Ultimate SanSan Yacht. We stopped at a snorkel spot first, then went to the falls, then were served fresh fruit and drinks (spiked punch, beer, champagne) on the way back. It was a lot of fun!

DRF is SO fun!! Just wanted to add that when you bring your waterproof camera, make SURE it has a hand strap so that you can put it around your wrist, because you will need both hands free so that you can hold hands with the person in front of and behind you! Someone in our group had the camera but not the rubber band strap, and they had a hard time trying to carry it and hold hands at the same time!! If there is ANY way you can do DRF, do it!! It was one of the most fun things I have ever done! When you get done, well, at least when I got done, I felt like "Jack from Titanic" when he stood at the front of the ship and said, "I'm king of the WORLD"!! I felt SO good being able to do that climb!!:D :o :D :p

We did the falls along with the working plantation tour. Can't remember what it was called. It was interesting. We wanted to see what the non-tourist part of Jamaica was like. Our tour guide had alot of info about the island and also answered all questions.

Thank you!

Have you considered just taking a cab from the pier?. As I recall from our 95 trip there I don't think it was more than about 10 minutes away. That way you can spend as much or as little time as you want. The cab shouldn't be that much.

Admission I believe is about $15pp.. There is a way to avoid the markets by entering and exiting via a side entrance.

Have you considered just taking a cab from the pier?. As I recall from our 95 trip there I don't think it was more than about 10 minutes away. That way you can spend as much or as little time as you want. The cab shouldn't be that much.

Admission I believe is about $15pp.. There is a way to avoid the markets by entering and exiting via a side entrance.

Also, if you go there by boat, you completely avoid the markets as well.

Archived