VAT tax refund at BA port

luv2getaway

I don't think that it is possible to get a refund on the tax on hotel rooms in Argentina. We had six nights there before our cruise so 21% was a significant amount.

There is a system for getting a VAT refund for some retail purchases that you take out of the country. We didn't buy anything at stores that participated in that plan so I didn't notice whether there was a booth at the port to process refunds.

If you fly out of BsAs, there are multiple booths at the BsAs airport for the retail tax refund. Whether or not that is applicable for hotel taxes, I don't know... though you can check at the kiosks. There was one before security, and there was one after security. The one after security had much shorter lines.

As for the port... I'm not sure. We were there to take a ferrry to Uruguay, and I didn't notice any there... but I wasn't looking either.

Does anyone know if there is a place at the port before getting on the cruise where you can get a refund on the 21% VAT tax on hotel rooms?

Not sure either that you can get the VAT from hotel rooms, but if you purchase eligible merchandise, the VAT Refund desk is at the port terminal. You check in with Princess, then you go through Argentinian custom - ask the agent they will show you where the desk is. You need to get your form stamp at customs before claiming your refund.

Good luck!

MC

Archived