Is a 7night S. Caribbean Cruise @ $1000 pp a good deal?

kingsgirl

I booked my btb on the AOS for July 2008 last May. The price has gone up 25% since I booked. Keep a close watch on airfares and you might get a deal. I checked every day on various sites and got 4 round trips from SFO to SJU on American for $321.00 per person including taxes and fees. Thats cheaper than what I paid to go to FLL. Garlicruisers

RCI is charging about $1200 for flights.

I can't find anyone who is selling flights for these dates in Jan.

How early can you buy flights?

I always book our own flights. RCI is way over priced IMO. You will love that cruise, its very nice.

You can always book the room for two people and put the second as a TBA. Then later once you've decided who is going with you, you add their name. There is no charge to change a name on a reservation BEFORE final payment is due.

We're sailing on the Serenade on Jan 17, 2009. We were able to get really low airfare for direct flights from JFk on JetBlue. If you are from Canada that may not be an option for you.

We just got off the Serenade last Saturday and have already booked the same ship, same week and itinerary for next year. That is a great price for all you get on the Serenade. It is our new favorite ship. We hope to see you onboard!:cool:

Eric

Have you decided on a pre-cruise hotel? I know nothing about San Juan as I've never really considered a cruise from here b/c I didn't want to deal with the flying issue. I could use any suggestions you have!

Here is my story – sad but true.

I booked this trip for 4/12/08. And got my air thru Orbiz about early fall.

Prices were great.

However airlines and changing and cancelling legs of flights! My flight getting to SJ has changed and now I am stuck in Tampa over night! I always like going in the day ahead. Already used credit card points for the hotel. They can't be refunded.

They have also cancelled my last leg of flight home. I’m stuck in a different state! Just today I got another change to my itinerary – I have an extra stop on the way home – not that I’m getting all the way home mind you. :mad: So it looks like it will take a couple days to get home. I'll have to buy another ticket from the state I'll be stuck in to get home. It is to far to drive or I would rent a car.

Booking early is great for price – but you may find changes that just don’t work. I am meeting with my TA Friday and hoping she can help get all this straightened out. Orbiz doesn’t seem to care and is not working with me. How am I supposed to get home?

That is my experience.

Now on my 2006 trip to SJ flights went great! I made them later (closer to when we were going to leave) and they were a little more expensive. I would recommend going through a TA rather than an on-line place – you do get what you pay for.

I would add this is a great cruise and if you can do it – then do it!!! :)

The price of $1000 pp is more than my ’06 trip and less than my ’08 trip.

I would but I'm Canadian ;)

What side of Canada are you on? That is going to make a big difference in flight prices. Seems most posters here are on the eastern side of the US.

I’m in MT so flights are higher from this side of the states.

:rolleyes:

We just did this last week.

We booked for $799 pp for an E1 balcony. We booked in early November during a Tuesday sale.

We got air thru AA from DFW for $250 pp RT. We had to connect on the way there and got a non stop direct on the way back.

In St. Lucia, you HAVE to do Cosol's tour. See St. Lucia boards for more info on Cosol.

What side of Canada are you on? That is going to make a big difference in flight prices. Seems most posters here are on the eastern side of the US.

I’m in MT so flights are higher from this side of the states.

:rolleyes:

I'm in Ontario! The big province that comes down and is squished between the great lakes region.

We were on the Serenade Jan 12 cruise this year, booked in Dec of 06. Paid $1061pp plus tax and that was with an on board cruise booking credit of $100 for a D1. Just booked Jan 10 2009 D1 for $959pp plus tax. then subtract the on board booking credit of $100, plus there is a C&A coupon for the Jan 10 cruise as well for another $150 off the cabin.

It is a great price, and won't last long. As far as air fare we only had to fly from Orlando to SJU, and paid $178 booked in Sept last yr. If you can get to Orlando with a decent airfare, you may want to stay over night there the day before, instead of in San Juan. There are numerous flights out of Orlando to San Juan early in the morning, and you won't have to worry about weather. A 8-9am flight will have you on the ship by 1-2pm. Start looking at Orlando to SJU flights in Aug or Sept. That is when we saw the best fares. Most flights will be getting full by the end of October.

Archived