Princess Pelican Pages Posted Here

crusinmama06

Oh, and a question:

I see different scheduled activities listed. Is there an alternative, perhaps just free play, during each of those? Or is that the only option for that time? What made me think of it is the Play Station competition. Neither of my kids have ever played anything like that. Perhaps they'll like it, but they might be frustrated or not interested. Do I need to pick them up for any activity they won't want to do? Or can they just do puzzles or color or something during that time?

Oops! Can I sneak in another question:

Will a 3.5 year old really do OK with this? Some of the things seem a little too old. His big sister (7) will be with him, but I want her to have fun on her own. How often do 3-4 year olds go? I think if he can connect with some other preschoolers, he'll have a great time!

Oh, and a question:

I see different scheduled activities listed. Is there an alternative, perhaps just free play, during each of those? Or is that the only option for that time? What made me think of it is the Play Station competition. Neither of my kids have ever played anything like that. Perhaps they'll like it, but they might be frustrated or not interested. Do I need to pick them up for any activity they won't want to do? Or can they just do puzzles or color or something during that time?

It may depend on the specific staff, but for instance, we showed up for karaoke and only a few of the kids were participating - most were doing free play. There were always a few kids sitting and coloring, etc. Some of the activities (circle games) they encouraged all the kids to participate. Also, actitivities later in the day rarely took place at exactly the time specified because the last game would still be going on - which will happen with kids.

Best,

Mia

Nancy - usually the cruislines try to keep the activities consistent fleetwide. So by reading Mia's pages, you will get a good idea of what the Emerald will do.

And if there is an activity that the child doesn't want to do, in my experience, there are always other things they can try.

I actually can't figure out why Princess combines the 3 year olds in a group with the 7 year olds. They are the only ones to do this. My kids have always been in separate groups on other cruiselines (they are 3 and 7) and they have separate interests. But it must work out somehow because I know alot of parents that were happy with their experience on Princess. :)

Oops! Can I sneak in another question:

Will a 3.5 year old really do OK with this? Some of the things seem a little too old. His big sister (7) will be with him, but I want her to have fun on her own. How often do 3-4 year olds go? I think if he can connect with some other preschoolers, he'll have a great time!

I absolutely love Princess, but this is a problem with the Princess kids program. These really should be two groups (3-5, etc.). The first game they played was a get-to-know-each-other circle game that required them to READ the name tags. Hello - half the kids aren't even in school yet. But I stayed with my girls in the program a lot and all the kids were having fun - many were there every minute it was open and had to be dragged out. My twins had turned three a day before the cruise, so they were the youngest, but they LOVED getting to play with the older kids. And there were always a few kids of all ages participating.

Best,

Mia

Thanks for your responses! I think we'll just see what happens. It's a family vacation, so I'm totally fine with them hanging out with us if that's what they choose. I just want them to have the option to have fun in the kids' program if they can. Looks like they will!

Thanks for your responses! I think we'll just see what happens. It's a family vacation, so I'm totally fine with them hanging out with us if that's what they choose. I just want them to have the option to have fun in the kids' program if they can. Looks like they will!

That's exactly what we did - I let them decide. If an activity was going on that they wanted to participate in, I would join them if appropriate - like we made necklaces together, etc. One thing I do like about Princess is that one parent is allowed to be in the kids club. Some acitivities were more appropriate for them to do on their own, so I'd leave them for a little while.

Best,

Mia

we are going on Crown and have not beem on princess, cut have been on carnival, rccl, and ncl. Can anyone tell me about the hours of the pricess kids club??? do they offer kids dinner during the cruise??? mostly interested in night hours and activites we take our kids off the ship with us to explore the islands.

We are doing eatern carib- princess cays, st marrten, st. thomas, grand turk??? any ideas for shore excursions kids are 6 and 9??? thanks for all your help.

I believe the Princess kids rooms are open 9am - 10pm on sea days, with breaks (closings) from 12-2pm and 5-7pm. Kids meals are served at 7pm when the program starts up again for the evening.

As far as I can tell, the schedule varies on port days, but there are activities.

I believe the Princess kids rooms are open 9am - 10pm on sea days, with breaks (closings) from 12-2pm and 5-7pm. Kids meals are served at 7pm when the program starts up again for the evening.

I've found the hours listed above to be the case - but there is also paid group sitting available after 10 - I forget how much per hour, but I think it's listed on the pages posted here. You have to sign up for it earlier in the day.

It may be different on the Crown, but on the Mexican Riviera route at least, there are only one or two nights where kids can have dinner with the group (I think on formal nights).

Best,

Mia

Archived