Shore Excursions and Rain

What happens if it is raining at a port that you have an shore excursion booked through the ship? I've been checking the weather in Cozumel and it has been flip flopping from rain to partly cloudy. It doesn't make much sense to go out on the water in a small boat, or go snorkeling in the rain.

Do you get the option to cancel that day? If so, do you get your money back or is it OBC? Or do they just say, "Sucks to be you, the beach is still out there, beat it chump."?

They have a cancellation deadline, which varies by port and shore excursion/vendor, so you would have to check with the Shore Ex desk aboard to find that out.

Unless there is danger from lightning or such (in which case they might cancel the port call altogether, anyway), most, most shore excursions are rain or shine deals.

We were on the Pearl and had a beach break planned in Antigua. it was pouring rain, I thought that they would immediately cancel the excursion. They did not. so we went to the theater which was the meeting place and they still did not cancel, instead they postponed it. What annoyed me about the postponment was that we were wasting the day sitting around waiting for a decision. There were a few people who were really annoyed, including myself, what they did was ask people to approach the podium, they offered those people (myself included) the opportunity to cancel with no penalty. It did stop raining about an hour later and we spent the day touring the island.

I know this really does not answer your question but there are many ways they handle certain situations.

They have a cancellation deadline, which varies by port and shore excursion/vendor, so you would have to check with the Shore Ex desk aboard to find that out.

Unless there is danger from lightning or such (in which case they might cancel the port call altogether, anyway), most, most shore excursions are rain or shine deals.

Though generally if you have a snorkelling type excursion or a beach break and it is raining they will cancel and refund

Yes, god forbid you get wet while going snorkelling.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually they cancel it not because you get wet but because the rain disturbs the water and the bottom and you can't see squat.

Diving on the other hand is another story.

Archived