Kids Programs By Cruise Line

Jgomez65

Thank you so much Jgomez65 - this list is incredible.

My family is thinking about taking our 1st cruise. We will be traveling with our 7 year old and our 1 year old. I know there are restrictions around swim diapers in the pool. Your list says that the Disney pool for 0-3 year olds has a special filtration system but the Disney website is vague (it says they can go in the sprinkler area but doesn't elaborate). Do you have any details on this? I would hate to deprive my older child because my little one can't go in the pool.

All in all, does Disney seem like the best choice for the "littlest" of kids?

Thanks a lot!

I am not the OP but I can answer this since I have been on that ship. Yes there is a water spray area for diapered infants/toddlers. You won't be depriving anyone :)

Disney is nice to do it once and experience it when the kids are young.

It's not the only cruiseline that caters to young ones though. RCCL Freedom ships have a Baby Zone in the H20 water park. And they have in cabin sitting for children 1 and older.

My kids prefer the RCCL Freedom ships and I take them to Walt Disney World every year to get their Disney Princess fix :)

Thanks, Michele! On either Disney or RCCL, can you go swimming / in the pool if you are still in swim diapers, or are you bound to the sprinkler area? I was also thinking the land / sea option may be a good first cruise trial, though I'm worried that the Bahamas may be a little cool when we're planning on going over Thanksgiving.

Appreciate the input! I'm new to traveling with two kids!

Thanks, Michele! On either Disney or RCCL, can you go swimming / in the pool if you are still in swim diapers, or are you bound to the sprinkler area? I was also thinking the land / sea option may be a good first cruise trial, though I'm worried that the Bahamas may be a little cool when we're planning on going over Thanksgiving.

Appreciate the input! I'm new to traveling with two kids!

Here is the informacion I found on Disney's website

"Young children, who are not toilet trained, are welcome to enjoy the fountain play area near the Mickey Pool that has been designed exclusively for the enjoyment of children wearing swim diapers."

The site also recommend that if you are going to register your children in the nursery program, to do so ahead of time, you can actually reserve it online once you book the cruise.

Regarding the water being cold, we took a cruise 2 years ago in during Thanksgiving to the Eastern Caribbean, and the water was confortably warm in all the port of calls with the exeption of the private island in the Bahamas. It seems the closer you get to Florida, the colder the water gets. In St Thomas, Turks and Caycos, and the rest of the islands we visited the water was about 80 degrees. Unless you decides to go on a longer cruise that visits Costa Rica and Panama, (it is summer time in those countries from November to April), I would stay with the Eastern Caribbean for warmer waters.

• 8 months later...
We sailed HAL Noordam during the February school vacation last year. My girls are seasoned cruisers and had a good time, but I wasn't really impressed with their facilities. There were 300 kids under 17 on our sailing and the staff and facilities seemed to be overwhelmed.

Also, the other pax on the ship were very anti-child. The last straw for me was when this older woman yelled at my then 4 yo for laughing in the hallway outside our cabin one day. My daughter was just in tears about it, she's very sensitive. I told my daughter she was fine, she wasn't doing anything wrong. It was the woman who had a problem.

I am not telling you this to upset you. I wish I had known beforehand what to expect. I know I won't be sailing HAL again anytime soon, but hope you have a much better experience.

I have to say that we had a very similar experience during a 10 night sailing on HAL. Being on a Christmas cruise you would have thought that people would have been a little bit more in the "spirit" of things, but even during Christmas the older folks treated even well behaved children (more behaved than many of the adults imo) horribly. We have not sailed HAL since. There are way too many other choices for cruise lines. It has always been my opinion that if that is the typle of clientele which they chose to cater to, then we will chose lines which are family friendly.

for some reason my computer is not accepting the link...any other way to get to it?

Thank you!

This is an old thread. You can find the info for Celebrity at the links in my signature.

I have all of the cruise line info laid out (and mostly updated) at this archive...

http://cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html

Archived