Edens Rock and Paradise Bar and Restaurant

5sailingeagles

I think I just figured out last year in GC we did some shore snorkeling at what we thought was Edens Rock but after looking at there web site it said allot of people think Paradise bar is Edens rock. I think we did too:rolleyes:

The building in the web site is not the same one we went to. I do not think they rebuilt in 1 year. So I am wondering if anyone has been to both and would love to share about how much better Edens rock is.

I have heard so many things and cant believe we didnt even notice a sign to see where it was we where at. We just stopped at the first place we came to with rentals and lockers.They fed Tarpon fish that where HUGE. Our kids liked it. But cant wait for the Rock if it is everything people say it is. We will be there Feb 15th. Can anyone say how much farther it is past the reataurant?

thanks

We did Paradise, too, and it's really close to Eden Rock Dive Center. You could even hop in the water at Paradise, and swim over to Eden Rock, I bet! LOL!

If we get back to CG again, we'll forego booking the Cayman Shore Snorkel through Carnival at Paradise ($32), and just walk a little further to the Eden Rock Dive Center ($15 for equipment rental).

I don't have my snorkel pics back yet (underwater cameras went in the mail Monday), but I agree, those Tarpon are HUUUUUUGE! Holy cow! My husband said, "Oh wow, there are some big fish under there, check it out!" So I adjusted my mask, got my snorkel in my mouth, and went under. I yelled "HOLY S***!!!" underwater, and the sound came up my snorkel... everyone nearby with their head above water heard me. LOL!

I couldn't believe how AMAZING the snorkeling was, so close to such an active port! Mind blowing.

I do have our regular pics online already. Exploring the coral "beach" at Paradise is interesting, too! Crabs, sea urchins, stripey snails... cool. :)

http://suebeedesigns.com/bnlmusic/shipsndip3/tuesday.html

Archived