ever been to cozumel

OHIOTEAMSTER

Been there several times on Carnival. Each time, we have done the snorkel/booze cruise/beach party excursion (it's called something like that). They take you out on a catamaran and you do some snorkeling, they serve you awesome beer (or rum punch) on the boat, and then take you to a beach where you can relax, get food, play beach volleyball, etc. We have loved it every time!

It also still allows you time enough when you get back to grab lunch on the ship (if you want) and head into town for shopping. We did lunch at Pancho's Backyard (I think that's what it's called) in Cozumel......very yummy and huge fish-bowl margaritas there that were very strong-but good!

Hope you enjoy!

Been there several times on Carnival. Each time, we have done the snorkel/booze cruise/beach party excursion (it's called something like that). They take you out on a catamaran and you do some snorkeling, they serve you awesome beer (or rum punch) on the boat, and then take you to a beach where you can relax, get food, play beach volleyball, etc. We have loved it every time!

It also still allows you time enough when you get back to grab lunch on the ship (if you want) and head into town for shopping. We did lunch at Pancho's Backyard (I think that's what it's called) in Cozumel......very yummy and huge fish-bowl margaritas there that were very strong-but good!

Hope you enjoy!

It is called the Fury Catamaran. Look at http://www.cozumelinsider.com It has a lot of information and things to do.

Dave

Stopped at Cozumel while on the Legend in November. We did not do an excursion here. . .just took a taxi downtown and shopped. We also ate lunch at Pancho's Backyard. . .very good food and service. Hope you get a chance to try it while you're there.

And if you would prefer to just relax at the beach with good drinks and great food, take a taxi to Paradise Beach.

Paradise Beach is my favorite place to go in Cozumel. You can get a massage right on the beach for about $1 a minute. Quite a bit cheaper than on the ship and they do an excellent job.

Terri

Stopped at Cozumel while on the Legend in November. We did not do an excursion here. . .just took a taxi downtown and shopped. We also ate lunch at Pancho's Backyard. . .very good food and service. Hope you get a chance to try it while you're there.

ECHO THAT on Pancho's.

They also serve Margaritas "to-go".

I usually get one and go shopping with wife. We have lunch there (and another Margarita). Then get another to go. By the time we get back on the boat its time for a nice siesta! Then get up about 9 or so for a show or party on the deck.

Oh and the beaches are nice there too if you want to go to one for a while.

Paradise Beach also gets my vote. The massages are great too. Go to the Port O Call board and you will get many ideas....I believe when I researched it...I found a bunch of info on Cozumel....places to go, things to see, etc.

You will find a lot more info on Cozumel excursions if you go to the Cozumel board. :) My favorite excursions there have been the dolphin swim at Chankanaab Park and the jeep excursion named something like Snorkel, Lighthouse, and Ruins by jeep.

Hope you enjoy!

I went on-line to look at Pancho's Backyard and they have a coupon you can print out for one free margarita with purchase of lunch entree!:D You can look at the menu too, looks yummy!

If you just want to stroll and shop there are endless choices. Hit the Forum shops, have lunch at Pancho's Backyard, walk the main st along the seafront and shop for just about anything. Walk down to Margaritaville and do some more shopping, have a Margarita or two and sit on one of the decks overlooking the bay.....mmmn

If you want to swim with dolphins, get a taxi to Chankanaab Park,for about $10 from town, pay $16 each at the park gate (cash) and then do the Dolphin Swim, it is a wonderful day.Book direct with http://www.Dolphindiscovery. com for cheaper prices than the ships sell it for.

Get a taxi to Nachi Cocom beach club- google their site, nice relaxing day with beach and pool.

I agree Pancho's is great... We did not go on an excursion, we went to Paradise for a couple of hours and took a cab for $20.00 and he took us on the back streets of Cozumel and showed us all types of neat places and went to a local liqour store and bought tequilla really really cheap... Have fun!

I've been 5 times and do the same "excursion"... Paradise Beach followed by Carlos and Charlies :D Paradise Beach is the best... Tom is the best and always makes sure we have a great time... the drinks are good and not overly priced. The chicken nachos are amazing, and the guacamole is some of the best I've ever had.

Take a taxi to Paradise Beach. They have everything you could want there, kayaks, rafts, lounge chairs, waiters to serve you, great Margheritas, good food, lots of kids activities. They also have their own website.

You can also rent jetskis and go parasailing from there as well :)

When we went to Cozumel on the Miracle we did the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe. We thought it was expensive to sit on the beach for a day till we spent the day there. It was worth every Peso! Food & beverage were included, games and entertainment and transportation. We would definately do it again.

Archived