Does Carnival allow kids on their snorkel tours?

Travelitis

My kids will be 13, 10, and 6 for our cruise. I wanted to know if Carnival will let all of them snorkel as long as they have life vests. I'd hate to find out after we're on a tour that my youngest has to stay on the boat and watch others enjoy the water. We'll book with an independant operator if this is going to be the case.

We booked a snokel excusion on our first cruise with kids which was also our first cruise on Carnival (4/03.) Our kids at the time were 11, 10, 10. Our twin boys (10) did just fine. Our 11 y.o. DD got tired about half way through. She was not the only one. There were about 4 girls her age that also got tired. One of the guides had a ring that he had the girls hold on to and he pulled them to the shore. The girls thought it was great. The poor guide was tired, but I'm sure it's not the first (or last :p ) time he had to assist people. We all had life vests on, so it wasn't a matter of sinking, just swimming. The guides kept yelling, "Follow the flag....keep up with the flag!" It was a lot of fun, but next time we will book the excusion ourselves and save a lot of money. ;)

Archived