No cruises after April 2009 - why is that?

jnmrlk

I have a cruise planned for end of May/first week of June but we are planning a "family" cruise for next year where we will require at least 5 cabins, I really like NCL and the freestyle cruising - especially for next year as we will have some younger children that being flexible will be paramount to every-one having a good time.

Now that I am done rambling, does any-one know when NCL will be posting for next year? We would like to go in either May or June and we like to sail from NY as we hail from upstate.

NCL has traditionally released their following years cruises gradually over the month of April. So look for the May 2009-April 2010 cruises during that month. Usually, the New York based cruises stay the same from year to year. The ships may vary, but the cruises are similar.

NCL usually starts selling cruises for the following summer, fall, and winter in late April, and usually have not finished all until early June. I suggest looking during the month of May this year for your cruise.

Usually, since Carnival and Royal Caribbean are the largest cruise lines with the largest ships, they get the first opportunity to book their ships into most of the ports, then the other cruise lines get their chance.

I have a cruise planned for end of May/first week of June but we are planning a "family" cruise for next year where we will require at least 5 cabins, I really like NCL and the freestyle cruising - especially for next year as we will have some younger children that being flexible will be paramount to every-one having a good time.

Now that I am done rambling, does any-one know when NCL will be posting for next year? We would like to go in either May or June and we like to sail from NY as we hail from upstate.

The NYC summer 2008 schedules were released the last week of April 2007.

Its like this every year, Carnival is first at the end of March, Royal Caribbean is second in mid April, and then the rest fill out next year's schedule. Even only posting only a year's worth of itineraries at a time, at the beginning there are two years posted, and by the next spring you notice there is barely more than a year up.

While the cruise lines feel comfortable with a year up, they don't feel comfortable with two years up. There are many second year itineraries that are changed. Keep in mind the cruise lines also like to hold their cards close to their vests.

I was wondering if they still hadn't decided which ships they were going to have sail from NYC next summer. I am not sure if I like the idea of being in Bermuda for 3 days or if I like visiting 3 diff. places - both have pro's and con's. In a way I think staying put is a good idea (especially with younger kiddies) it gives you more of a chance to really see the island, plus if you want to hang out in the evening on shore you are not worried about missing the ship!!

Archived