past guest

bigelow

So, What happens at the past guest party? Is it any fun? My 2nd cruise was a short one so we did not have a party. My next is a 7 day.....Yeah! I get a pin!...........Free drinks would be better, but beggers can't be choosers!

So, What happens at the past guest party? Is it any fun? My 2nd cruise was a short one so we did not have a party. My next is a 7 day.....Yeah! I get a pin!...........Free drinks would be better, but beggers can't be choosers!

I was just wondering the same thing.

There are free drinks, quite similar to how its done at the Captain's party on formal night. You also get thanked and welcomed by the CD, and they show a short movie on the history of Carnival and they name all of the ships. Folks were cheering for the names of the ships they'd been on. Really just another way to get some cocktails.

There are free drinks, quite similar to how its done at the Captain's party on formal night. You also get thanked and welcomed by the CD, and they show a short movie on the history of Carnival and they name all of the ships. Folks were cheering for the names of the ships they'd been on. Really just another way to get some cocktails.

Alrighty then, I'm all for free cocktails!

Do you get gold cards on a short cruise too? I know we wont have a party on this ship....

Have fun!! We just go back Sunday from the Sensation..We had a blast!! Hope you get Stephen as your waiter in the Fantasy Dining room..He is the best!..He had our table 171.. Also our cabin steward Keerthi was wonderful!:D

The cocktails are premixed and small. They do not take drink orders: you get what they have and that's it. If you're a fussy drinker you'll be disappointed.

They also have small nosh trays full of :confused: and if you're a fussy eater [as apparently most people are, since most end up being pitched] you'll again be disappointed. It doesn't help that the warm noshes end up cold and the cold noshes end up warm.

If you just want the pin ... woo hoo.

Last year my wife got a pin stuck in her invite and they apparently ran out of pins when they got to mine. I'd be :mad: but it's just a pin.

And then there's the filmstrip. Woo. Hoo.

It's crowded, it's uneventful and about the only benefit is that you were invited and the ones with the RW&B cards weren't. Neener neener.

I think the last one I was on had 2 parties one for each dining time. But i could be confusing that with the Cap'ns cocktail party.

I ended up sitting near the bar and they gave me beer.

I call it the "shot" party since all the drinks are very small.

On the Ecstasy a few weeks ago, the past guest party was at 5pm and the drinks were full sized, just as they are for the Captain's Party. I remember the choices being quite similar, as well. They served two appetizers, both fishy something-or-another and I passed on seconds. I'm not one for a lot of hoopla, but I really enjoyed this party. Captain Scala made it lively with a lot of jokes and laughing. And as far as dress, the invitation stated resort casual.

The cocktails are premixed and small. They do not take drink orders: you get what they have and that's it. If you're a fussy drinker you'll be disappointed.

They also have small nosh trays full of :confused: and if you're a fussy eater [as apparently most people are, since most end up being pitched] you'll again be disappointed. It doesn't help that the warm noshes end up cold and the cold noshes end up warm.

Last year my wife got a pin stuck in her invite and they apparently ran out of pins when they got to mine. I'd be :mad: but it's just a pin.

It's crowded, it's uneventful and about the only benefit is that you were invited and the ones with the RW&B cards weren't. Neener neener.

Well who put a burr up your.... never mind!

Actually, I hate the watered down drinks; but have always been able to order my own drink from the bar with no problem..

They've always taken drink orders from me... it also depends on where it's held, but we've always been able to get what we wanted... of course I tip well for their trouble...

The wait staff WILL bring you any drink that you order.

Yeah, we tried that too.

The various responses we got were

"I just have these on the tray, sorry."

"You'll have to see 'X', he'll be along in a second."

or the best was to have the order taken and then the party finished before it came.

No burrs, no malice, no even mild irritation.

It's a gimmick, it's a successful gimmick [from their perspective]; from the passenger's perspective it's an event, one of hundreds on the ship, from which to select and which offers a range of things that appeals to certain of the passengers.

Our experience is that they don't take drink orders, or don't get back with them. If we were dying of thirst, it might actually be an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

My experience has been that you can order drinks but you may have to be patient. On a recent cruise, I ordered a martini and, when told it would be a while, replied that would be fine. A guy a few seats down heard me and said he wanted one, too. After a while, the waiter came back with two martinis and gave them both to me.

Is this a new thing? We've been on five previous cruises and always have gotten the blue card.

Just came across this post. If I were you, I'd check with Carnival to see if they have a record of your past cruises. I've never heard of a passenger not getting a gold card on their 2nd and subsequent cruises, unless you got lost in the shuffle somehow by (re)marrying, or moving, maybe? :confused:

Just my .02

My DH and I are doing our first Carnival cruises as B2B's. We have cruised before, just not with Carnival. Since we are doing B2B on the same ship (the Freedom), will we be counted as past cruisers on the second leg of the trip?

We have been told that we must disembark and them reembark, so I assume we will receive new S&S cards.

BTW, we are doing the April 26th Transatlantic and then the Eastern Mediterranean Cruise. That's 26 days on the Carnival Freedom! We'll never want to go home!

Archived