STONE ISLAND - Tour or Own

UBinfwa

I would appreciate ANY and ALL advise as we are arriving on the Oostedam.

Should we do a tour with KING DAVID or do it on OUR OWN.

I have read this site responses and am still confused what is this Better deal.

Thanks all................ Either way I WIN.

I would appreciate ANY and ALL advise as we are arriving on the Oostedam.

Should we do a tour with KING DAVID or do it on OUR OWN.

I have read this site responses and am still confused what is this Better deal.

Thanks all................ Either way I WIN.

It's a much better deal to do it on your own, and you can also spend as much time relaxing on the beach as you want. With the tours they rush you off, since most of them have an open bar for the time you are there. Unless you are serious about pounding down the drinks while you are there, you can do it much cheaper and have a much more relaxing day of it going by yourself.

We walked out of the port, and down the street to the water taxi place. It was only a few blocks, and not even my youngest (5yo) complained about the length. I enjoyed the longer walk on the beach to get to Victor's less, simply because walking on sand can be painful (I have fibromyalgia). But it was a very relaxing and fun day, and we enjoyed the food, location, and people. Warning... the meals at Victor's are huge! I wish we had split some of those plates.

One tiny warning, the guy at the water taxi stand had a difficult time giving us change for our 200 peso bill. He was NOT trying to get more money out of us although, because he went to several taxi drivers until he collected the money he needed. But I'd recommend having some small bills around. The cost is $1.50 per person round trip. That would be 10.50 in pesos. He did not have ANY change yet when we got there, but we were clearly one of the very first people to cross over to Stone Island that morning.

Archived