New Cruise Terminal in Saint John, NB

Acey

I was wondering if anyone knows the status of the new terminal? With the "third" announcement of it's construction, the port authority said it would be complete by the opening of the 2008 cruise season - however we are already into February and there is no sign of construction.

I was wondering if anyone knows the status of the new terminal? With the "third" announcement of it's construction, the port authority said it would be complete by the opening of the 2008 cruise season - however we are already into February and there is no sign of construction.

Acey, I was wondering that myself and was going to take a drive by and see if I saw any activity. I guess I won't have to bother now.

I walk by and there is no activity. It's funny because when they announced it for the third time I thought for sure this was the real thing - guess I was wrong. I found an old newspaper from 1971 or so and the headline was "Put it Up, or Shut Up!" It was in regards to City Hall building but the headline seems relevent today!

• 2 weeks later...

This morning's paper says the contract for the terminal has been awarded and construction will start immediately with a completion date in time for the fall cruising season. During the construction phase cruise ships will be using Long Wharf unless there are two ships in at the same time, when Pugsley will have to be used.

I see that on September 30th, we will have an unprecedented four ships in at one time----Royal Princess, Jewel of the Seas, Queen Mary 2 and the Carnival Victory. I sure hope everything is completed by then!!

This morning's paper says the contract for the terminal has been awarded and construction will start immediately with a completion date in time for the fall cruising season. During the construction phase cruise ships will be using Long Wharf unless there are two ships in at the same time, when Pugsley will have to be used.

I see that on September 30th, we will have an unprecedented four ships in at one time----Royal Princess, Jewel of the Seas, Queen Mary 2 and the Carnival Victory. I sure hope everything is completed by then!!

They started prep work this week, but I doubt if it will be ready for Sept/30. In my opinion the tents work very well and give the whole area a fabulous carnival atmosphere, it's a shame to lose that for another brick building. :rolleyes:

With that many in one will have to go the westside docks. :o

According to the port schedule, The QMII is at Pugsley A, Royal Princess is at Lower Cove, and the other two are TBA - but only one can fit at Long Wharf so I would say one would have to go to the west side.

Archived