Carnival - Royal Caribbean Comparison

mara93

Just wanted to post this for new brides, like myself, that want to know what the price difference would be with a RC/Carnival Cruise. It's nothing fancy, just a basic spreadsheet detailing prices. Needless to say, we will be married on Carnival!

Thanks Beth for the idea!

The chart shows prices for Carnival & RC for a basic wedding onboard while in San Juan, PR for up to 50 people with a 1 1/2 hour reception on Carnival & a 2 hour reception on RC. There are non-stop flight prices included for 4 people from Chicago to SJ, so I wouldn't be too set on that number. I budgeted about $1k for pictures & even have some prices for shore excursions toward the bottom. Hope this helps anyone contemplating getting married on a cruise.

Oh, and the official date for our wedding is now March 8, 2009. I need a ticker!

I will be searching through the board but anyone have any suggestions on cute Save The Date magnets?

Anyone married on the Carnival Victory? I'd love to see your pictures!

wedding.jpg

I am totally new to this as well and hope to sail away in March of 2009 as well. This information is extremely helpful to me~!! I have been debating whether or not I want to try Carnival because they are less expensive (I have one cruise in my past - RC) but I hadn't broken things down like this.

Letichia

I'm glad this was useful to you! I've added a couple more things like videography & DJ/Pianist costs. If you you'd like to see the new sheet, I'd be happy to post it. In the end, Carnival is still significantly less expensive compared to Royal Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived