Room Service on Constellation

lillietbean

You order using your television. The list is pretty comprehensive including things like salads, sandwiches, pasta, pizza, soups and an assortment of desserts. There's also a pretty decent list of wines and beer that you have to pay for, but at least it's available in the cabin. It's basic stuff and nothing that is an absolute must have.

Nope--you fill out the card and leave it on your door before you turn in for the night.

This works especially well for port days when you will be leaving the ship early; or if you just want coffee and maybe a croissant to tide you over while you're showering and dressing, and BEFORE you go have your real breakfast!

Nope--you fill out the card and leave it on your door before you turn in for the night.

This works especially well for port days when you will be leaving the ship early; or if you just want coffee and maybe a croissant to tide you over while you're showering and dressing, and BEFORE you go have your real breakfast!

You can also use the telephone to place a room service order. The phone also works for the CC breakfast specials. If you gave them an "as soon as possible" time for delivery, it took 10 or 15 minutes.

Les

Room Service Breakfast - now you remind me :)

The TV shows orange juice but this was not an order item on the screen. While they encouraged you to use the TV Menu systems it was more reliable to order over the phone but . . .

Whichever way we did it we began to expect a c*ck up.

One day, 3 saucers, one side plate, no milk with the cereal.

Another no tea bags.

Ordered one croisante and two toast. Always got two croisante and sometime no toast.

Then we tried formal dining breakfast. I can say now, with confidence, that on no ship, from any company, did I get the breakfast I wanted.

Canadian ham, maple syrup and waffles - got the ham. Waffles served later :(

Tea. Well it was an Amercian ship but even the British ones left something to be desired. I want it hot, strong and lots of it. By the time it was poured it was tepid and down in one. A second cup? Virtually no chance.

Toast? Certainly, cold or soggy or cold and soggy.

The only breakfasts, IMHO, are in the self-service. Blackcherries and cream with the waffles? Certainly Sir. Bacon to go, yes Sir. Even waiter service Tea and HOT.

I have always just used the card that is in the room - hang on door the night before with the time slot wanted - Always get a call in the morning just before it is delivered. I have found the coffee from room service much much better than at the buffet (undrinkable!) and enjoy having coffee on the balcony while hair is drying. Everything ordered always came. Enjoy!

We know that on Princess we must be up and around at least 15 mins early as they always come early. No problem now that we now.

On HAL they actually came early one morning and we we still in bed as they just used their pass key. Didn't care for that to much. They tend to do that a lot on the Veendam - not that we didn't love the cruise anyway :) But were suprized several times by them just showing up in the room.

yes, they usually called about 5 minutes before they come to the door - I only ordered coffee and milk most mornings. They were always in the time frame requested (usually the earlier part of the time frame). On the one HAL curise we were on, we were never sure exactly when they were coming as they did not call and often did not come at the time frame requested. Vicky

Is room service available 24 hours a day? THANKS!

Yep - there is a menu in your room of the "available 24 hrs" items. Soup, sandwiches, cheeze plate, pizza, cookies, etc.

Separate breakfast menu has designated hrs.

If you can order from the dining room menus any time they are open, does that mean that they post the full menus on the television every day or do you have to ask your stewart to bring you the menus every morning?

I like to know in advance what is on the menu so I can decide which nights I want to "eat out" or "order in".

If you can order from the dining room menus any time they are open, does that mean that they post the full menus on the television every day or do you have to ask your stewart to bring you the menus every morning?

I like to know in advance what is on the menu so I can decide which nights I want to "eat out" or "order in".

Archived