Beach...

t_champion

Can someone please tell me the best beach to go to in Belize if we aren't cave tubing or ziplining? I have a child with a fear of heights as well as claustrophobia going with us and I need something for her to do...There will be 2 adults with her as well and we are a large group of which most are wanting to go towards the caves. Thanks!!!:)

Read all the posts of that Guy and you will find he is always saying the same thing

We dont need any "paid reviews" of where to go or stay... :rolleyes:

I've been thinking the same thing. We are heading to Belize soon and not sure what to do, and I keep seeing his posts on that place.I am not going there.But I would like a beautiful beach with a bar and little activity.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am looking for something to do that is leisurely

hanging out on a beach, doing some shopping maybe a light lunch

but Carnival has nothing to offer in these categories.

I did click on the link provided for that resort... looks fabulous .... but how does one work out getting there?

this is my first cruise, so i'm a total novice.

I am aware that we tender in Belize ... so we have to take a "tender" to the main land then another one to a different island where we may spend the day? is that how it would work... or say we went to this resort ... could they pick us up off the ship, or it doesn't work that way?

I would love to do some snorkeling too... I just dont know if anyone else in my party would.

It does seem that there are not really any beaches on the mainland near Belize City .... and i'm not willing to travel that far south just to go to a beach.

yanno -- i recall seeing $56

BUT when i went back to try to find it... it was gone.

only thing i can think of, is they were editing their web site and took that off... because i KNOW i saw that.

I'm still not sure what we are going to do... i'd love to snorkel ... so hopefully it will be a beach day .... and NEXT Tuesday at that!!

though i doubt we will make up our minds til we are on the ship and get to talk to our friends and see what everyone wants to do.

For anyone that is into snorkeling, we really enjoyed Goff's Caye. It is a small barrier island about the size of a football field. We booked through Carnival, so the boat to take us to the island picked us up right from the ship. When you get to the island, they drop off anyone who just wants to sun themselves, or is more confortable snorkeling from land. My 8 year old and I stayed on the boat and went with the guide. We saw beautiful coral and fishes, and the guide would dive down and pick up things, like starfish or lobsters and bring them to the surface. That is one excursion I would repeat without a doubt.

I even have a webshot's screen saver of this little bit of paradise.:)

Archived