Travelosity Sleeps With The Fishes

What in the world is going on with Travelosity ....I would advise that anyone traveling any where ...think twice about using travelosity...they are RUDE...everytime you call you talk to someone new that has know idea what they are talking about. We are going on a cruise in April...they told if our paperwork doesnt come we can get in from the airport ....from any airline....this is just a small bit of what we have gone through ...we are very afraid that we will not get our tickets....any suggestions????

Don't use them! (Too late for this trip, possibly!)

Ok,,you don't really need paper tickets anymore. You should have a reservation number for the cruise, and e-tickets for the flight. Did they not e-mail you an itinerary?

We just book directly with hotels, airlines, cruiselines, etc..... Why go through a 3rd party? By doing it directly ourselves, WE ARE IN CONTROL!!!!!

Control is good!

If you don't get tickets, the main thing you will have missing are transfers for any pre or post hotel stays & luggage tags. Luggage tags can be picked up at the pier...hassle to fill out when you get there, but still do-able.

As far as airfare, if you have booked the cruiseline's packaged airfare, you should get the record locator from the TA. This is not the booking number & they will be the one that has that info (& can get it by calling the cruiseline.) As long as you have that, you can go online & get your own seat assignments & check in with the airline, get boarding passes, etc. No ticket needed. A good TA does this for you (full service). IMO, Travelocity & Expedia are not discount TA's...there are others online that can do much better price-wise...and obviously service wise.

The cruiseline pre-boarding info should also be filled out & just take that print-out with you to check in.

Long story short, you CAN cruise without the documentation packet. No one would like to, particularly for a first cruise, but breathe easy...

I hope this helps put your mind at ease!

Last weekend my mom and I were boarding Sovereign in Port Canaveral. There was a guard and the door to the terminal who was checking cruise documentation before letting people in the door. The couple in front of us forgot to bring their paper work. I don't know what happened to them because the guard asked them to step to the side while he figured out what to do with them.

Even if you don't have paper work from the travel agent, you can still fill out the cruise documents online and bring those.

Archived