Gate 1/Amadeus Royal April 2

Jim in dallas

My partner and I are going on a Gate 1 sponsored river boat cruise on the Amadeus ROyal this coming APril ... we'll be in Prague starting April 3 for 3 days, before heading to Nuremberg to board the boat.

Wanted to check and see if anyone else happened to be scheduled on that trip? PLease let us know!! Would be fine to site see or dine together.

This is our first Riverboat cruise (and my partners first time to Europe), so we're very excited.

Has anyone here ever been on the Royal that could share a review?

You can post here, or e-mail to: jamesandjim@swbell.net.

We'd love to hear from you! ;)

Jim and James

My partner and I are going on a Gate 1 sponsored river boat cruise on the Amadeus ROyal this coming APril ... we'll be in Prague starting April 3 for 3 days, before heading to Nuremberg to board the boat.

Wanted to check and see if anyone else happened to be scheduled on that trip? PLease let us know!! Would be fine to site see or dine together.

This is our first Riverboat cruise (and my partners first time to Europe), so we're very excited.

Has anyone here ever been on the Royal that could share a review?

You can post here, or e-mail to: jamesandjim@swbell.net.

We'd love to hear from you! ;)

Jim and James

Jim and James,

Sorry I don't have experience with Gate 1 or Amadeus Royal, but my partner and I did our first Europe river cruise in December. I think I responded to a post from you last Fall before we went on our river cruise. We did the Xmas Market cruise down the Danube from Nuremberg to Budapest and started with 2 nights in Prague. We were on Amadeus Waterways ship Amalegro (different Amadeus company from your ship). We have done many large cruises (straight and gay) and this river trip was such a nice change of pace. Very relaxing, less hectic, quaint towns along the river, beautiful scenery since you see the shore along the way. Amadeus Waterways was a great company and had a beautiful ship - good food, wine included at dinner, fantastic crew. I hope your company will be just as attentive, and if so, you'll have a great time. Jim, if you've never been to Prague, it's a fantastic city. The castle district is very pretty and intersting with very handsome guards. Our tour guides for the included tours along the way were very good. Sometimes they are so into it that they tend to overtalk and overload with information, but I think they're just trying to give you as much as possible. In their view, the more they can tell and teach you and show you, the better. If you know this going in, you'll understand and see what I'm saying when it happens. Since we have done the Danube, we want to take a Rhine river cruise next time so maybe you can post a review when you get back. Have a wonderful trip - I for one loved the river cruise experience.

Joel from Giddings, TX

Archived