Upsell offer/ Gem

travelgurl

I received an email for an offer to move from AD to A2 cat on 2/23 sailing. The offer was for an additional $1500 per person. We declined. That would be another whole cruise! :eek:

Thats the first time we've ever been given an offer to upgrade! Its also the first time sailing in an Aft cabin!:)

I think I woul decline too for that price! We are also in an aft cabin for the first time and I think I would like to experience that first. It would have to be a really good upsell in order for me to even think about it!

I know, I was excited to get an email from NCL with an offer at all. At the same time, I too want to experience sailing in that aft cabin. I emailed her back letting her know to keep us in mind if there is a better offer. If the price is right, I probably would upgrade to a better cabin. She emailed me back, BTW, saying that offers do change and she will keep us in mind. Either way, I'm going to be a happy sailor!!! :D

I also recieved an email to upgrade from oceanview to balcony for 100.00 per person :) , I wish I could have accepted the offer but I have 2 cabins connecting with my 18 yr old son and they did not realize I had 2 cabins when they emailed me. They didn't have any upgrades for connecting cabins.

travelgurl: Nice to get the call, I'm sure, but like you say, the cost is practically another cruise! Besides, it's not as if the AD is a bad suite by any means. Enjoy it! (Who knows, they might call back with a second, lower offer. It happened to us.)

beachchick

I also recieved an email to upgrade from oceanview to balcony for 100.00 per person :) , I wish I could have accepted the offer but I have 2 cabins connecting with my 18 yr old son and they did not realize I had 2 cabins when they emailed me. They didn't have any upgrades for connecting cabins.

Whenever you having connecting cabins you should specify "No Upgrade" on your reservations for both rooms. Some cruise lines will automatically upgrade one cabin and you may not find out until you arrive at the pier. There have been reports on these boards where the cabins could not be changed back to the original cabins.

I think I woul decline too for that price! We are also in an aft cabin for the first time and I think I would like to experience that first. It would have to be a really good upsell in order for me to even think about it!

What floor are you on?? We just might be neighbors:)

I'm cruising on the Jewel on sailing Feb. 15th. Did you get your upsell ticket before or after receiving your e-Docs? How close was it to your sailing date?

Thank you

We got our upsell 2 days before we sailed so just printed out the edocs and the new luggage tags and had them laminated... what a treat !!!:D

Archived