Vancouver laundry

Which ship are you on?

Princess - Carnival - HAL all have coin laundries on board and if you are on Celebrity they usualloy offer you a flat rate at about the mid point of the cruise for alol you can stuff into 1 laundry bag - last cruise it was $16. if I remember correctly...and if you pack that laundry bag carefully you would be surprised at how much you can get into it....

Took them 4 bags to return what I had managed to cram into 1 bag.

We will be on RC and they do not offer the "bags" like Celebrity sometimes does. We are planning on staying downtown, will bid on priceline when it gets a little closer. If worse comes to worse, we can have then cleaned before we get off the ship, but there are 4 of us adults. We are renting a van as soon as we get off the ship, so if we could just drive to a laundromat and do just a load of jeans, shirts and one of underwear, we would be done in an hour and good to go for the next several days. So anywhere near the pier would work.

The downtown Vancouver core is quite compact - only a couple of kms square so most goods and services aren't very far away - there are a couple of laundromats on Davie and one of Denman - have you thought that there might be a laundromat service at your hotel or that they will arrange for if to be sent out. Just a thought.

Cheers

Dennis

I'm in Montreal... so a bit far for me to check. But the easiest way to check is with Google Maps. So, this is what I found you... http://maps.google.ca/maps?near=Canada+Pl,+Vancouver,+BC&geocode=&q=laundromat&f=l&sll=49.288635,-123.113544&sspn=0.006256,0.015042&ie=UTF8&hl=en&cd=1&ll=49.285555,-123.11717&spn=0.025026,0.060167&z=14

Personally, I love the kind that has full service. You drop off the laundry, they wash, dry and fold and you get to enjoy your day. Costs a bit more, but can you really replace a day in Vancouver?

You don't want to go near A or B

C, D, H are the three that I mentioned and I forgot all about G which is actually located in another part of my condo complex.

Hope this further helps

Cheers

Dennis

Told ya, hard to tell from here.

BTW, Vancouver is also the bento box capital of Canada... Damn! Now I want lunch!

Thanks so much. Never thought to google. And thanks for the area suggestions.

When in Hawaii we did just that, we found one that washes, folds etc. We dropped off and picked up a few hours later. Your are so right, time is much better spend in Vancouver!!

Archived