resort day pass

obsessedsc

You can go to the beach, buy drinks/food at the bar/restaurant, rent watersports gear - at beaches with resorts. The pool and other similar amenities are for guests only. The only exception that I know of is Bolongo; they had and may still have a daypass that included pool use as well as non-motorized watersports. You can check with them at: http://www.bolongobay.com.

--Islander

The beach at the Ritz is not one of the better beaches, lots of sea grass. You will not have access to the Resort (buildings) or chairs etc. The drinks and food are very,very expensive. In order to get to the beach you have to walk down through an access road for delivery trucks etc. You will have no pool access. I would pick another beach such as Coki or Saphire if you want a "fun" time without feeling"out of place". It is also the most expensive cab ride on the Island because of it's location.

B.

The beach at the Ritz is not one of the better beaches, lots of sea grass. You will not have access to the Resort (buildings) or chairs etc. The drinks and food are very,very expensive. In order to get to the beach you have to walk down through an access road for delivery trucks etc. You will have no pool access. I would pick another beach such as Coki or Saphire if you want a "fun" time without feeling"out of place". It is also the most expensive cab ride on the Island because of it's location.

B.

The Ritz does not allow day use of their resort. Yes, you can walk along the beach as it's public but you can't use any of the facilities or chairs. You can have lunch and if you buy lunch use the rest rooms but you won't be able to swim in the pool or simply hang out at the resort and I agree with Betsy's Mom, you may feel out of place because you're technically not supposed to be there. The drinks and food are very expensive, think $14 for a bloody mary, $17 for a hamburger.

Hi Islander Wondering if one can still go to the Marriott Morningstar Beach, I remember going there years ago on Christmas day and drinking pina Coladas on the beach. Looking for something different to do this trip to St. Thomas. Last year we did Sunny Liston tour, the year before St. John, Meghans bay, alway mountain top, shop. Maybe back to St. John to see more of the island.

Any ideas appreciated!

Yes you can take a taxi to Great Bay (beaches are Bluebeards & Turtle Cove). There is a small public access road to Bluebeards and a paved trail from Bluebeards around the coast to Turtle Cove. You can have lunch/drinks there; it is pricey as already mentioned. Both beaches are pretty, Bluebeards has a lot of seagrass. If you were interested in windsurfing this is a good place.

Morningstar - yes you can go to the beach there and buy food/drinks; pool is for hotel guests only, you can rent chairs and watersports gear.

--Islander

Archived