Who did you pick to go cave tubing with

keene state mom

cave-tubing.com

Yhoni rocks. It was the absolute highlight of our trip. They are very energetic and hilarious. I couldn't have asked for guys that seem to really like getting up in the morning anymore than these.

They are definately safe and will not let you miss the boat.

I second using cave-tubing.com! We used them when we were on the Valor (1/20-1/27) and they were FANTASTIC! We had Richard, Bernard, Rafael and Jeff with our group- small group of about 30 people. We did 2 caves (instead of the 1 offered through the ship) and had a fabulously entertaining day! They pride themselves on NEVER missing a ship- as Richard said to us "The first time someone misses their ship, we're out of business!"

They were completely trustworthy, knowlegeable and friendly!!!

We are booked with cave-tubing.com for the first week of April. We chose them because of all of the positive reviews on the Belize port of call board. That would definitely be the place to go to compare companies.

Cavetubing.com....Bottoms up....Yhoni and the guys did a great job. They were there waiting for us when we got off the tenders.:)

Here's our last Belize story from '06:

We and another family picked a different independent for cave tubing in Belize: Major Tom. Wonderful guy, sorta Ricardo Montalban-ish, charged a few dollars different from cave-tubing. Forget if it was higher or lower. Most folks picked cave-tubing.com.

And another couple picked a third independent. The third independent never showed up for their tour, and Major Tom seems to act as the personal Belize Chamber of Commerce point of contact, and he was running around trying to find the third independent who never showed up, on his cell phone, sending runners, the whole bit.

He finally sent his tour guide off to the third independent's home [i imagine to give him a stern bawling out] -- which left us without a guide. But our guide was the brother of a cave-tubing guide, and Major Tom made sure the cave-tubing kids would take all the independents' tours. So we all went, even the folks whose guide never showed.

The cave-tubing folks are a blast and you can't go wrong booking them. Major Tom is a truly stand-up guy and you can't go wrong with him either.

If you've never been to Belize or experienced their roads ... or the vehicles they use to navigate them ... that's a whole 'nuther story.

They buy old American school buses, circa 1965 [the kind that never had shock absorbers in the first place], and "road" in Belize is simply their word for "pothole". Do the math. And make sure you tinkle before you leave. Your kidneys will thank you.

But the cave-tubing kids are just that: kids. Most seemed late teens when we were there two years ago. And they're making a decent buck, I imagine.

They'll give you a jolt of some heady liquer going out, and the opportunity to buy another shot for $1. And they stop at this dive diner on the way back for a lunch of local Belizi food which is very good. As I recall, it was included. So was the circling and circling and circling of the roundabout on the way back. If you've ever wanted to do that, they'll do it for you.

We talked to folks we saw with the Carnival group later, and they didn't get the local lunch or the shot. And they paid more. And they were left on their own on the river instead of being actually guided. And they didn't get to flout traffic laws.

So, yeah, cave-tubing.com or Major Tom. You oughta like it.

We used Major Tom in November and had a great time. Here is my reviews:

Safety - Major Tom's group has it

We were with Major Tom during our November cruise. The first part of the cave tubing involves crossing the river by holding onto a rope. My two sons, 10 & 8 both had some issues manuevering the rope, the current and holding on to their tubes. It had rained quite a bit before our arrvial, so the current was swift at this point. Each of the boys were struggling and the tubes were being pulled down stream as the boys upper bodies were hanging on to the rope. To make a long story short, Keith and George (two great yound men that work with Major Tom) told us to just let the tubes go and the let the boys go and instead of trying to drag them accross. Not real sure why exactly, but I had complete trust in thos two young men as the boys floated those few feet to them. They each grabbed a boy and other guides swam for the boys tubes. Now the boys know how to swim and were wearing the req'd life jackets, but I would not have just let go of them to go to just anyone. NExt thing we new we were across the river. In hindsight, we shouldn't have let the boys try to carry the tubes across as with the current they were to heavy. The guides had offered to carry the tubes for us and ended up taking themthe rest of the way. I felt completely safe and in good hands our entire day with these fine men/young men. I would recommend them with out hesitation!!

I can't describe the hard work that Keith did to guide us down the river and keep us all safe. We he was done, his shoes were ruined from him dragging them along the rocks to guide us through. When i think of tour groups (like the ones the ship uses) sending people through on their own, I shudder that nothing terrible has happened.

I used coral breeze tours. Our guide has become a close friend since he took us tubing three years ago. We got a history lesson on our drive out, our walk to the point we got in the river was another lesson in the local trees, flowers and animals, a great deal of attention paid to my mom (she was 75 at the time!), and a great lunch when we were finished!

Another vote for Yhone at Cave-tubing.com. We were with our friends back in November 06. Had a blast and it was a much better deal as we had a smaller group than the ship had booked and we did a 2nd cave. They had the driver stay on the bus to keep an eye on your stuff. Felt safe and would book with them again.

On a side note I went to their website and was surprised to view the streaming video....The last 4 people going down the river is a video of us...brings back great memories.

Dave

Yhonni rocks! Went with his tour Jan '05, and still talk about it to this day! It was a freezing day in Belize (60's, maybe :p ) and the tour guys had on three layers of clothes. We though we were special when they stopped and bought the cashew wine! But, Keith, our guide was just terrific, the fact that you go through two caves instead of one, and they tell you about the terrain, etc., all throughout the trip.

They are a hoot! If you want a lifetime adventure, take their tour...you won't forget it!

This was a few years ago, but this was our experience....

icon14.gifWet and Wild is the only way to go!

I must get on here and quickly tell you about our most excellent tour with Wet and Wild. We have not one complaint. We are a group of frequent travelers that went on the Cave Tubing and it was spectacular. You can not go wrong with them. Marvin meets you at the tender, Charlie and Roy take us (all 17) on the bus. Charlie gave the most informational and interesting talk on the way to the caves. He told us about the plants, gave us "mud facials" and got half our group to eat live termites!! hehehehe This was the best tour of our trip and we pre-booked everything with tons of research done beforehand. Don't waste your time searching many companies, just trust me! I have a ton of great pictures of us jumping off the cliff and doing all the same caves that other companies tell you about (more than the cruise ship tour does). On the way back, we ate the Amigos restaurant or something like that, it was EXCELLENT! We have some very pickly eaters who loved everything, and it was such a neat place! Charlie sang some Guns and Roses for us and did a nice hard rock serenade on our return to the pier. This tour was worth every penny and then some! Ask questions if you like...... What a beatiful place, we would all go back in a second!:D

__________________Belize, belize cave tubing, cave tubing in belize, wet n' wild cavetubing, belize cavetubing with Ecological Tours and Services

Archived