After a full year it's time

Jilltoons

After a full year of booking my cruise, finding this board, reading the reviews, following the tips, seeing the crazy discussions on formal wear, alcohol, inside or outside, and everything else in the entire cruising world - which I never in my wildest dreams even knew existed............I AM READY! My first cruise. and I promise to give you a review from this first timer point of view. Now armed with my cabin number finally, my extension cord and clothes pins. I go on my way to see what all the hub bub is all about.

Wish me luck all - You all have become like family to me. Lucy, Winnefred Dan 40, Halo, - Thanks for your help. Let's see how this adventure goes :)

Jilltoons

Have a GREAT time!!!

I too, was a first timer in Aug when we went on our first cruise. I found this board and read it voraciously, I wanted to know everything about this vacation we were going to take. I read and learned from so many of you.

We were shocked at how much we enjoyed ourselves! Every moment was great, and we had a blast. Seriously, we have taken some really fun and nice land based vacations, and the short 4 day cruise we took in August trumped them all. We're addicted...finally managed to book another one for April (7 days!). :)

There is nothing like leaving your worries and cares on shore and getting plastered with your first DOD on Lido Deck, (yes, we ARE lightweights, and those drinks knocked us on our keisters!), grabbing a cheeseburger and fries and listening to the band.

You are going to have a fantastic time!

After a full year of booking my cruise, finding this board, reading the reviews, following the tips, seeing the crazy discussions on formal wear, alcohol, inside or outside, and everything else in the entire cruising world - which I never in my wildest dreams even knew existed............I AM READY! My first cruise. and I promise to give you a review from this first timer point of view. Now armed with my cabin number finally, my extension cord and clothes pins. I go on my way to see what all the hub bub is all about.

Wish me luck all - You all have become like family to me. Lucy, Winnefred Dan 40, Halo, - Thanks for your help. Let's see how this adventure goes :)

Jilltoons

If you don't mind putting this on your list of "things to do", I'm curious what they put in place of the hot tub in the gym. It was behind glass walls and looked like it was hot springs surrounded by a rock formation. You have to go through the spa area to get to the gym in case you can't find it. I have pictures in my webshots link below if you're interested. You are going to have a great time and I'll be looking for your review in the near future.

You are so lucky you found this board BEFORE your 1st cruise. I didn't find it till my 2nd. I was lost the whole time on the 1st cruise. Isn't this place wonderful? It's almost like you have already been on a cruise because you know pretty much what to expect. Have a wonderful time and we look forward to your review

Jilltoons

have a great time...there is nothing like the first time....enjoy...take lots of pics....cant wait to read your review......keep an open mind..and dont let any little mishap ruin your cruise......have fun....

Jilltoons

WOOOOHOOOOHOOOO!!! It's time to sail for you!!

You'll have a wonderful time, no doubt!

Let us know how your cruise was when you get back!

BON VOYAGE!!!

Jilltoons

Ah First Cruise.. there's nothing like it. I'll never forget mine. I hope you have a wonderful vacation! Toast a sunset for me.

Jilltoons

I am in the same shoes as you, leaving on the Conquest in 3 days, first cruise ever! I have researched, read, re-read and bought all the little items discussed here on this forum. Gotta go and get those close pins!:D

I want to thank MachMan, he's the best! Writes the most tantalizing reviews and is a fountain of information! In fact, everyone here has been so friendly and knowledgeable! I agree with you Jilltoons, this forum is awesome!

I can't wait to read your review when you get back! A big SHOUT OUT to all those cruising over Valentine's week. Have a safe and happy cruise:)

Archived