Spa Massages

Hotfire

I know it is recommended to visit the spa on port days rather than days at sea because it is less crowded. However, I have a question... is it cheaper to get a massage earlier in the cruise rather than later or vice versa? Or is the price the same regardless of what port day you visit?

Thanks in advance!

Hotfire

LATER. wait untill the last two days and the price drops 25% 75% depending on what you want. Just make an apointment. Then when you get in there tell the masseuse not to try to up sell you on anything.(unless you want) It's hard core and very stressfull.

Doesn't this go against all that a spa is meant to be? :confused:

The best deals are going to be when when the ship is at port. Some times we stay aboard because you can relax without all the people. That's the best time to book a massage.

Both myself and wife both enjoy a good massage. I have over paid for a massage during a domestic cruise for the last time. Even what seems like a fair deal all thing considered, has always turned out to be a decent but not great massage. They always try to upgrade or add something to increase the price. You go and get a massage to relax and not to be stressed out before hand.

On another note;

We sailed on the Blue Monarch out of Greece and got a massage. It was the best hour and fifteen minutes I have ever had. On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 10+++. My wife said the same thing. You get two girls for the price of one and they really mean a complete body massage. We both had four during that cruise and with tips(and boy did they deserve tips). Our total bill was under $600. The girls were from Turkey and spoke very little english and that made it even better.

Yes, the best deals are on port days. I got the spa taster which is a massage and and a facial for $89. That was the price of 1 treatment. Also, on 1 port day they had a facial only for $38. I booked the appts in the afternoon like around 3 or 4pm so that I could get off the boat and visits the ports in the morning.

Yes, the best deals are on port days. I got the spa taster which is a massage and and a facial for $89. That was the price of 1 treatment. Also, on 1 port day they had a facial only for $38. I booked the appts in the afternoon like around 3 or 4pm so that I could get off the boat and visits the ports in the morning.

LATER. wait untill the last two days and the price drops 25% 75% depending on what you want. Just make an apointment. Then when you get in there tell the masseuse not to try to up sell you on anything.(unless you want) It's hard core and very stressfull.

I asked them on our last cruise if this was the case and they said no price drops and sold the massages at full price the whole cruise.. didn't even have it discounted for in port days.

My first cruise I overpaid for a massage. it was great but I vowed never again..until we took the hubby on his first cruise. I got him the fathers day special wich was the hot stone massage and some sort of body scrub. :p He is so sold on it that I think it is the only reason he agreed to another cruise this year! :D

Keep looking for deals. There are deals to be had but understand that it will ultimately be more expensive than what you could have had at home.

My first cruise I overpaid for a massage. it was great but I vowed never again..until we took the hubby on his first cruise. I got him the fathers day special wich was the hot stone massage and some sort of body scrub. :p He is so sold on it that I think it is the only reason he agreed to another cruise this year! :D

Keep looking for deals. There are deals to be had but understand that it will ultimately be more expensive than what you could have had at home.

Hot stone massages ROCK!!!! No pun intended!!!!:p ;) :D

Carmel

There were Embarakation Day specials in the spa. Also, each day in the Capers one or more of the services were featured for about $20 less than the usual price. And port specials were standard.

Sign up for the raffle and then be there for the drawing--they'll let you know what time. There are many half-price treatments up for grabs.

I found that if you missed the window of time for a special, and mentioned the lower price when you book an appointment, they may still honor that lower price even if the appointment is for the next day. Of course, they are going to try and "upgrade" you to something more expensive anyway, and to sell you product, so be aware of that when you book.

One nice thing is that once you've had an appointment for something in the spa, they may call your stateroom with another offer for another service at a special rate---say 40% off. If you are unable to accept it, they may allow you to give it to someone else in your party.

Because a small percent of the passenger list even goes to the spa, their market is more limited. So they really work on marketing heavily to those who do show up. But their offerings are such a treat.

Just keep your budget in mind when you go, and stick with what you want. It's a hard sell world.:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen what the embarkation specials are? I think I saw someone mention a head,neck & shoulders massage on embarkation day for cheap $. (in another thread).

I think this would be the perfect way to start off a cruise.

Am I just delusional?

Has anyone seen what the embarkation specials are?

The spa embarkation special for the Liberty on 2/24/08 was "Exclusive Embarkation Therapy Travellers Tension Massage".

"Indulge yourself with a tension relieving 35 minutes back, neck, shoulder and scalp massage. The perfect way to begin your cruise! Available tonight only! $72.00".

Linda H.

Archived