Freestyle disembarkation

physiocan

Just wondering if someone could explain this process for me. I understand Express Disembarkation.......if you want to haul your own bags you can leave as soon as the ship is cleared. Otherwise, I assume it means you do not have to go and sit in the ship's theatre at whatever time your colour is called and then disembark in a herd of humanity. But wondering when you have to be out of your cabin, and when off the ship etc.

Any info would be appreciated.

:D

You can wait in your cabin until you leave. If you don't choose Express, then it'll depend on your color as to when you leave. VIP usually is called first (suites) and then they start with the colors. I don't know for sure when "last call" is but unless you have an early flight my advice would be to have breakfast and enjoy your last morning on the ship. :)

on our cruise in december, we had the 2nd to last color tags....we got called about 10:15 and were off by 10:30. we were had breakfast, went back to the room, DH relaxed on the bed and watched TV, i finished checking the drawer and making sure everything was packed.

on the other side, the lines were starting for those wanting to get on the ship...they start letting people on about 11:30. they need to make sure everyone is OFF by that time.

debarking pearl last sunday, 'freestyle' meant 'you pick.' we were in a suite and could have gotten off in one of the first groups. however, we had hotel arrangements [not thru NCL] for sunday night in miami to watch the super bowl. we saw no point in getting off the ship at dawn since our hotel room would likely not be ready. sooo we picked the last color. when we got off, there was almost NO line at ship gangway or at immigration or at customs...more importantly, there was very little luggage left in the terminal so it was easy to find. i think it under 20 minutes from the time we walked out the door to the promenade deck to the time we were in a taxi ....and by then our hotel had a room ready for us. while we waited for our color to be called, we had a leisurely breakfast, went back to our room to pick up our carryoff bags and strolled downstairs. painless:)

Just off the Gem and it really is Freestyle. No more color tags delivered to the cabin. You go to reception and pick what color you want depending on what time you wanted to get off. They had a board with the colors and the approximate times. You choose. ;)

I have a photo of the board in my webshots link under my signature.

Do all the NCL ships do freestyle disembarkation? I've read different responses to what the latest time is off the ship. I'll be on the Dawn in March and I arranged for a private van to pick us up. One poster said the latest you could get off was 9:30 but clearly there are later times according to poohisme's webshots. I arranged for a 9:30 pick up to drive us to FLL airport (cruising out of Miami) and our flight isn't until 3:30, so the later the better to get off the ship.

Thanks!

Archived