Considering a Mariner Cruise - What will the seas be like?

oshkosh1

We are considering a Mariner of the Seas Mexico cruise in April of 2009. In the past we have only cruised from Florida to the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

What are the seas and the weather like in April for a Mexican (Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallerta) cruise?

Hard to predict exactly, but if you do an internet search for that region's weather, , you can get a historical almanac for a rough (hehe) idea... On a ship that large, it has to be REALLY rough before you even feel it. Cant worry too much about that, in my opinion, take your dramamine along just in case!

The seas will be wet--that's the ONLY thing that's certain! It really depends on the weather and winds! Even the professional weather guys have no idea what the weather will be more than a day or two out!

Just before your cruise, go to medeosail.com and it will give you the wave height prediction for your area! (Anything over 6-10 ft, you will feel!)

We are considering a Mariner of the Seas Mexico cruise in April of 2009. In the past we have only cruised from Florida to the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

What are the seas and the weather like in April for a Mexican (Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallerta) cruise?

Anyone got a crystal ball ???:D

I'm looking for mine. :rolleyes: But I can predict that there will be......Seas.

Hey Fitzy...How was your b-day in Vancouver??? Hope you had a great time.

Our cruise was fun, but I was sick the whole time :(

Hey, by the way, what does the sign say? The one that replaced the ship pic?

Hey Fitzy...How was your b-day in Vancouver??? Hope you had a great time.

Our cruise was fun, but I was sick the whole time :(

Hey, by the way, what does the sign say? The one that replaced the ship pic?

Vancouver was great. We had a great time. Sorry to hear you were sick on the cruise. That is no fun!

The sign says "Today is under construction. Thank you for understanding". That is how my life feels right now. We just finished remodeling the guest bath, and they start the master bath next week. And we sold our house up in Big Bear Lake, and bought another. This time, we bought closer to the slopes. You can walk to the slopes now. We close in 2 weeks. And I have been car shopping too. Time for a new one. So things have been crazy. So "Today is under construction". lol. But once we get all settled in at the big bear house, you and Becky et al will have to come up with us for a weekend.

If your cruise is anything like our april 06 cruise the weather will be fine. March is a much rougher month as we found out about in March of 07 on Mariner. Mariner is a much larger ship than Millennium but with 50 knot winds and seas states to match, my dw did not feel good for a couple of days and the pool area was not crowded at all. If you see a cold front approching Florida a few days before the cruise then make sure you are prepared for a rough trip. But as April go's on the fronts do not make it to Florida as often. anyway you will enjoy it regardless. No Hurricanes in April :D

If your cruise is anything like our april 06 cruise the weather will be fine. March is a much rougher month as we found out about in March of 07 on Mariner. Mariner is a much larger ship than Millennium but with 50 knot winds and seas states to match, my dw did not feel good for a couple of days and the pool area was not crowded at all. If you see a cold front approching Florida a few days before the cruise then make sure you are prepared for a rough trip. But as April go's on the fronts do not make it to Florida as often. anyway you will enjoy it regardless. No Hurricanes in April :D

http://magicseaweed.com/Florida-MSW-Surf-Charts/20/

Surf Chart Crystal Ball at your service :D

Mariner will be in California then, ;)

Vancouver was great. We had a great time. Sorry to hear you were sick on the cruise. That is no fun!

The sign says "Today is under construction. Thank you for understanding". That is how my life feels right now. We just finished remodeling the guest bath, and they start the master bath next week. And we sold our house up in Big Bear Lake, and bought another. This time, we bought closer to the slopes. You can walk to the slopes now. We close in 2 weeks. And I have been car shopping too. Time for a new one. So things have been crazy. So "Today is under construction". lol. But once we get all settled in at the big bear house, you and Becky et al will have to come up with us for a weekend.

WOW ! you are busy! Congrats on it all! Crazy times, but good times!

We start our Mast. Bath remodel on the 21st. Can't wait! Going to Boston next week for my 15 year olds hockey tournament. Fun and COLD!

Have a good one!

J

Archived