want to upgrade cabin

bungy

hi all

i would like to upgrade my cabin anyone know and email address for ncl that i can write to to ask them i can only find phone numbers and snail mail address .i have tryd to phone but i live in england and its never the right department i get though to

or can anyone give advice on a way to do it

many thanks andrew

jewel 29th of feb from miami

Guest Anorak33
hi all

i would like to upgrade my cabin anyone know and email address for ncl that i can write to to ask them i can only find phone numbers and snail mail address .i have tryd to phone but i live in england and its never the right department i get though to

or can anyone give advice on a way to do it

many thanks andrew

jewel 29th of feb from miami

I have found that if you book through a travel agent then NCL will not deal with you direct. Yoy would have to go through your travel agent.

How did you book? And was it in the US or UK?

If you can get an upgrade NCL will want the difference in the cost of the cabins which existed on the day you made the original booking, not the current price difference.

If you were within a free cancellation period ( actually you are NOT if you are sailing this month) and attempt to cancel to get a refund (takes maybe 2 or 3 months to get the money back ) and rebook in a better cabin then NCL's policy is not to allow you to book another cabin on the same sailing.

NCL say that their computer will identify you by name and not let you rebook.

In my experience its much better to book the cabin you really want the first time rather than try to change the booking. Others may have a different view and/or experience to me.

If you booked with NCL, you should have a ppc (personal cruise consultant). If you booked with a TA/online TA, you must do all upgrades with them. If you are just buying an upgrade. You will be paying the difference betwenn what you paid for your cabin back then to the cost today of your new cabin.

Guest Anorak33
If you booked with NCL, you should have a ppc (personal cruise consultant). If you booked with a TA/online TA, you must do all upgrades with them. If you are just buying an upgrade. You will be paying the difference betwenn what you paid for your cabin back then to the cost today of your new cabin.

How do you get that to work??? Its exactly the opposite of what I have found by experience.

If for example I paid $950 a year ago for my inside then today, 2 weeks from sailing and after the final payment date, I see that NCL are selling balconies for $750 - does that mean I can upgrade to a balcony and NCL will refund me $200?

I think not. Yet that is what you are telling the OP is the case.

no they will not refund.... but if the price is higher... they will move you up.

for EX. my DW and I got a Cat C for 1250 total. to move to a B* (any balcany) it was going to cost 1850, so the upgrade cost was 600.

mind you we got an upsell from NCL last week for 150 total!!!! ;)

Guest Anorak33

Thsis is just a totally different scenario to what I have found.

Last year I booked an AC and then a couple of weeks later the A3 went down to a point where the NCL. dot com site listed the difference between what I had paid for the AC and the new cost of the A3 was only about $1200.

However NCL said the new rate was for new bookings only.

NCL wanted over $8000 for me to upgrade the AC to an A3, this was the price difference between the cabins on the day I originally booked.

I couldn't get anywhere with them.

How are you getting over the "new bookings only" rule?

Archived