Pacific/Tahitian Princess - Rooms on Deck 3 (Portholes)

Karkies25

Anyone stay on deck 3 in the porthole rooms (#3000's - cat. F) on Pacific or Tahitian? It looks like easy exit/entry for tendering. Any other comments/tips? Thanks!

We sailed the Tahitian, but not on Deck 3. As far a easy exit / entry... you will still have to go upstairs for a tender ticket if disembarking during prime time. Elevators around the tender stations also tend to jam up.

But, returning to the ship should be easier getting to your cabin... but again, you have to still get upstairs for a snack or whatever....

Personally I would not like being on the same deck as the entry/exit deck for ports for a variety of reasons such as people standing in a line waiting to get off and crowding you in your room. What if you wanted to sleep in but couldn't due to the constant line? Getting back on same thing - no naps without constant noise and also not sure how the stewards make up the cabins when they can't have their carts out blocking the hall so it may be an offtime when they make up your room. I cannot think of a time I have ever seen the stewards making up the cabins when we have left or came back on the ship.

I have also read reviews where the folks in line have thought instead of you wanting to get to your room after breakfast were trying to cut in line. With all of these in mind, no I would not book a room on that deck, but that is just knowing us and our lifestyle habits. Good luck with your decision.

I don't know if this is true of the Tahitian/Pacific/Royal Princess but on the Regal Princess, they closed the corridor door that led to the embarkation/disembarkation area when it was in use so that you didn't hear anything. Passengers in that corridor were allowed to get in and out of the door but no one else (other than crew). I'd go for it. :) I had a cabin on Deck 4 on the Royal last November and loved the location. Never heard any noise.

We were in cabin 3017 for 52 days when she was an R class ship. The cabin itself is the same size and any outside or regular balcony cabin. You have a porthole, and that area became a big shelf/storage area for us. We managed quite well and it was very quiet. At that time the other side of the deck was for crew/staff. Funny story: Most people didn't even know there were passenger cabins down there. I was returning from the laundry and when I got in the elevator I pushed 3. Another lady in the elevator looked at me and said "I didn't know they let crew do their laundry in the passenger area"! I was speechless! Of course, I thought of a 1,000 things to say....later! ;) My DH said it best when he said, "dear, if someone thinks you look young enough to be part of the staaff, take it as a complement" !!:D

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Archived