Bathing children in shower?

MomtoCCC

HI all,

Just wondered what tips you had for getting your kids bathed in a shower? We are taking 4yo dd next Fall on cruise and she only takes baths. I could probably get her in the shower with me but those showers are so small I'm not sure how that would work. What do you all do for getting your kids bathed?

Thanks!

The stall is small, but the whole bathroom is water resistant (it's almost like the whole thing is a shower!) Put the clean towels out on the bed, change out of your "sunday best" and wade right in:D !

On the upside, most of the cruiselines shower heads are pretty easily adjusted and/or directed. When DD was young, I'd wet her down, turn off the water, soap her up, turn the water back on and rinse her off. Actually easier than a bath!

Many of us bring the blow up duck pools that fit nicely in the shower. They're meant for toddlers, but my twin 3 year olds bathed in it together on our last cruise. It was a tight fit, but they had fun and got clean. I bring the plastic take & toss cups to use in the shower - for them to play with and for me to use to pour water on their head and body.

Best,

Mia

Probably won't work for a 4 year old, but for my 19 month old, I am taking his plastic baby tub. It will fit perfectly inside my suitcase, and I can pack my clothes in & around it.

I've seen others suggest an inflatable tub, too.

Probably won't work for a 4 year old, but for my 19 month old, I am taking his plastic baby tub. It will fit perfectly inside my suitcase, and I can pack my clothes in & around it.

I've seen others suggest an inflatable tub, too.

I showered with both my 3 yr old and my 19 month old. A couple of times when I didn't want a shower myself at that moment, I just showered them and stood outside the shower. Either way wasn't a problem.

Both my kids sometimes shower with us at home, so doing it on the ship was no big deal.

When I was just washing them and not myself I took advantage of the fact that it's a hand-held shower nozzle and the water on/off dial isn't the same as the temperature dial. So that made it easy to hose them down, turn it off, soap them up, hose them down again.

I showered with both my 3 yr old and my 19 month old. A couple of times when I didn't want a shower myself at that moment, I just showered them and stood outside the shower. Either way wasn't a problem.

Both my kids sometimes shower with us at home, so doing it on the ship was no big deal.

When I was just washing them and not myself I took advantage of the fact that it's a hand-held shower nozzle and the water on/off dial isn't the same as the temperature dial. So that made it easy to hose them down, turn it off, soap them up, hose them down again.

Are the handheld showers standard across cruiselines and in all cabins? I don't remember having those in the past, but I wasn't trying to bathe a baby, so I wasn't paying attention to it! We will be on the NCL Spirit in May and I won't be too worried about bathing my DS (18mo) if we have the handheld type shower head.

Depending on how big the baby is...i bathed my 8 month old kids in the sink in the bathroom. It was just big enough. I also purchased a blow up tub at Baby's R Us for his 2nd cruise about 18 months. This year my 2 1/2 year old I have showered her a few times at home...which she loves! On Celebrity the shower head is on a bar which you can raise and lower..and I believe it was removable as well.

Have fun

we have a foldable plastic bath tub..the brand is saftey first.. got it in walmart for about $13.. easily fits in a small carryon when folded. we just pack the baby's clothes in and around it to make most of the space.. we use it whenever we sleep over my inlaws or go on a trip..

I started giving my daughter showers for a cruise at 15 months. She really enjoyed them. By the time the cruise rolled around she wanted to use the pool showers to play in rather than the pool (she was potty trained). I did bring along a blow up tub for the bottom of the shower - she used it to play in.

At 4 she still loves showers - I give her a bath then she showers. When we go for swimming lessons, she showers after.

Just turn on the shower slow and let her play - she'll be ready for the cruise in no time.

Have a great cruise!

Are the handheld showers standard across cruiselines and in all cabins? I don't remember having those in the past, but I wasn't trying to bathe a baby, so I wasn't paying attention to it! We will be on the NCL Spirit in May and I won't be too worried about bathing my DS (18mo) if we have the handheld type shower head.

I'm not sure since I've only been on two cruises, and only with RCCL. But I'm sure if you go to the NCL board and ask that question of past Spirit passengers you'll find out rapidly.

Enjoy!

Archived