how many visa points?

We are cruising in Mid-May. I was thinking about getting the RC points card. I hear they offer 15K points wiht the first purchase. What can I do with 15K points? I know sometimes you need a milllion in order to do something. What will 15K get me? Also, would be able to use them on the May cruise?

I just don't want to bother if 15K will get me a t-shirt. ya know? :cool:

thanks!

The 15,000 initial points will get you a 150$ on board credit. Just make sure after you get it that you make a small (10$) purchase right away. Because it is setup for 10,000 royal points and 5,000 first purchase bonus

This is how you cash them in

The number for BofA is 1-800-421-2110. Request a

certificate for a 15,000 points redemption. The number

for RCI Points Redemption is 1-888-305-4626.

When you get your certificate, there will be a certificate

number on it. Call RCI Points Redemption, give them the

number and how you want the certificate used (in your

case, putting money towards your cruise)..........then fill

out the certificate, check off the proper box, MAKE A

COPY, and send to the address given.

You need to use "their lingo". You can't ask for $400

OBC, they don't know what you are talking about. Here's

what to say now: "Hi, I'd like to redeem my Royal

Caribean Visa Reward points. I'd like 1- 25,000 point

coupon and 3 -5,000 point coupons." Or whatever it is

that I want. The folks at BoA won't know what you are

talking about if you ask for the free robe certificate, or the

picnic basket certificate, but if you ask for the point value

and the number of coupons you want, they should know

what you want without hassle.

You want to get cracking on this and don't delay.

1. Be sure you enroll on the computer and not by phone. The 15,000 points is for Internet enrollment only.

2. Allow time for several stages:

a. You need to be approved. We got approved in minutes, but if you have any credit problems, it will probably take time--like days.

b. Then you have to wait for your card (7-10 days).

c. Then you make your first purchase and have to wait for the billing cycle to be completed.

d. Then (and I've not done this yet) you order the certificates and mail them in to RC.

So it takes a little time.

3. You can get one for yourself and one for your spouse - $300 onboard credit.

4. It's not worth it, of course, unless you pay your bill off in total every month.

5. You get DOUBLE points for anything you charge that is RCL-related. Very nice benefit. We always prepay our tips with the credit card rather than paying in cash.

I should amend my above answer. It IS worth it to get one (or two) RC credit cards even if you don't pay your bill off each month. Just don't use it after you make your initial small purchase. For example, buy something for $5 to activate the card, and then you don't need to use it any more. You still get the $150 OBC for each card. Nice deal. We use ours for everything and have accumulated quite a lot of points.

Looks like they've dropped the bonus down to 10,000 points effective 2/1/08??

Earn Royal PointsSM with every qualifying purchase you make - points that add up to onboard credits, stateroom upgrades and even free cruise vacations.§ Use it for everyday purchases, and earn one Royal Point for every qualifying purchase dollar you spend. And earn double Royal Points for every qualifying purchase dollar you spend with Royal Caribbean International®. Enjoy a low introductory APR†, no annual fee, plus 10,000 Bonus Points after your first qualifying transaction.§§ So start cruising and get closer to your FREE cruise vacation. Call (800) 932-2775 to apply today. (Please mention priority code FAB8QP.) 10,000 Bonus Point Promotion valid only for applications received on or after February 1, 2008.

Looks like they've dropped the bonus down to 10,000 points effective 2/1/08??

Earn Royal PointsSM with every qualifying purchase you make - points that add up to onboard credits, stateroom upgrades and even free cruise vacations.§ Use it for everyday purchases, and earn one Royal Point for every qualifying purchase dollar you spend. And earn double Royal Points for every qualifying purchase dollar you spend with Royal Caribbean International®. Enjoy a low introductory APR†, no annual fee, plus 10,000 Bonus Points after your first qualifying transaction.§§ So start cruising and get closer to your FREE cruise vacation. Call (800) 932-2775 to apply today. (Please mention priority code FAB8QP.) 10,000 Bonus Point Promotion valid only for applications received on or after February 1, 2008.

I went to apply for my husband and saw that they lowered the offer to 10,000 bonus points and 2,500 (in small print) royal points with first purchase. Still, it's not a bad deal ($100 OBC for purchasing something for $10)!

Archived