celebrity OR princess

sharmorr

I loved the Connie! I have not been on the Crown Princess but I have been on her sister the Caribbean Princess. I enjoyed the CP very much.

I did like the Connie better-Celebrity has a lot of nice touches and I do not do well in crowds and I really don't like these 3000 plus PAX ships.

But still, cost does come into it for most of us- If the Crown is a considerble savings over the Connie and you are on a budget-the Crown would not be a bad choice. If you are not on a budget-pick the Connie.

bottom line-the Connie is better-but you will still have a very enjoyable time on Princess.

Looking at Celebrity Constellation and Crown Princess late Oct - would appreciate any comments to help the decision - age young 55ish - meals, cleanliness, etc. Thanks for any advice.
i think princess is the #1 cruise line...great service...movies under the stars...private dinning with butler service on your balcony....anytime dinning.....princess is the right choice...

I think Celebrity has exceptional food and service (only one sailing on the Mercury), however I believe overall, Princess has many things that differentiate themselves that I enjoy. Anytime Dining with multiple dining rooms as well as Specialty resturants, or Traditional Dining if you prefer. Also the buffet is truely 24/7 in one form or another. Most cruiselines don't offer this. I think the Princess entertainment is generally terrific, Celebrity was good. The prices are better for Princess, and the rooms seem to be larger for your money. We always get a balcony. On Princess I can get a Mini-suite for the price of a regular balcony stateroom on Celebrity. I'd pick Princess for this one, although I'd suggest sailing Celebrity at some point so you can compare for yourself.

Whatever you choose, have a great time!

Although I have sailed with Celebrity twice, I still go back to Princess.

The previous poster noted most of the things I enjoy about Princess - especially their anytime dining.

It's great that we have so many choices! :)

P.S. Welcome to Cruise Critic - the folks here are awesome!

I think Celebrity has exceptional food and service (only one sailing on the Mercury), however I believe overall, Princess has many things that differentiate themselves that I enjoy. Anytime Dining with multiple dining rooms as well as Specialty resturants, or Traditional Dining if you prefer. Also the buffet is truely 24/7 in one form or another. Most cruiselines don't offer this. I think the Princess entertainment is generally terrific, Celebrity was good. The prices are better for Princess, and the rooms seem to be larger for your money. We always get a balcony. On Princess I can get a Mini-suite for the price of a regular balcony stateroom on Celebrity. I'd pick Princess for this one, although I'd suggest sailing Celebrity at some point so you can compare for yourself.

Whatever you choose, have a great time!

Although Carnival's rooms are larger the Celebrity and HAL's rooms are larger then Celebrity- Celebrity's lowest catagory balcony room is larger then Princess's lowest catagory balcony room. Princess did have a great closet and storage though which helped out since the room was so small-but where Celebrity provides a sofa bed for the third person-on Princess the third person is in a berth.

Now maybe your Princess room was bigger because you booked a minisuite on Princess - then you are paying about equal price-but no if you are saving money by booking Princess and just picking Princess's lowest catagory of balcony verus the lowest catagory balcony on Celebrity-no, the Princess room is smaller.

Also Celebrity's bathroom is not as tiny as Princess.

Have cruised both and to me there is no doubt that Princess is better in all ways. We usually traves 3-4 girls in a room. The pull out couch on Celebrity was a hastle for us, in the way whenever it was set up. On Princess with the upper bunks, when set up they were never in the way. We found no difference in room size or bath size and both had ample closets. Celebrity was not always the most expensive.

The food and menu selections were much better on Princess. Service and entertainment about the same on both. The decor on Celebrity was very bland and they had artificial flowers all over and they were very dusty and never cleaned during the cruise, we left finger prints and they remained during the whole cruise. Princess has real flowers!!

We are in our early 60's and found the age range on both to be about the same.

We had heard Celebrity was so much better, we didn't find that to be so. You should really try both and then you can make your own comparisons.

Archived