No sofa in adjoining rooms? (Mariner)

in a previous post (responding to my question, thanks!) , it was mentioned that adjoining rooms may not have a sofa, and be furnished with a chair instead, to allow more room for the interior doors to open. Can anyone tell me if this is for certain?

ty

We had adjoining D1 staterooms on the Mariner (1370 and 1372) and there was a full sofa in each stateroom. The door that connects the cabins is located at the foot of the bed. As far as I know, the only connecting cabins on the Mariner are D1's, which have plenty of space for the sofa. If there are any connecting E1's (which are 30 square feet smaller than D1's), there might not be room for a sofa.

We have connecting E1 rooms on EOS 3/16 12 night cruise. The category decription says each room has a sitting area with sofa and a there's an * on our room numbers which indicates there is also a pullman bed. Has anyone been in connecting E1's on EOS or Mariner? It looks like the ships are pretty similar.

From what I understand, the connecting E cabins go from a love seat to a chair, and in D cabins, they go from a full sofa to a love seat.

Where did you find this information? Do you know anything about the pullman in the connecting E1 cabins? We have 3 people in each cabin & it will be a little uncomfortable with just a bed and a chair. Surely they wouldn't book 3 people in each of these cabins if there weren't sleeping propre accomodations, would they???!!! We are on the 12 night cruise in March. This could be a loooong 12 nights - LOL!!!!!

Where did you find this information? Do you know anything about the pullman in the connecting E1 cabins? We have 3 people in each cabin & it will be a little uncomfortable with just a bed and a chair. Surely they wouldn't book 3 people in each of these cabins if there weren't sleeping propre accomodations, would they???!!! We are on the 12 night cruise in March. This could be a loooong 12 nights - LOL!!!!!

The pullman comes out of the ceiling and has nothing to do with sofa/chair, so you will be fine

Forgot to mention in my previous post that the sofas in our connecting D1's (1370 & 1372) were full sofa beds. We didn't use them but did pull one out one day and saw that it was already made up with linens. According to the folks at RCI that we spoke with at the time, all Mariner D1's have sofa beds.

in a previous post (responding to my question, thanks!) , it was mentioned that adjoining rooms may not have a sofa, and be furnished with a chair instead, to allow more room for the interior doors to open. Can anyone tell me if this is for certain?

ty

We were in 9612 on the Mariner last summer. 9612 connects to 9614, a JS. We had the regular couch in our cabin. The door that connected the cabin to 9614 was across from the foot of the bed near the balcony door. It didn't interfere with anything in the cabin.

I don't remember what category we had, but we had oveanview connecting cabins on Deck 2. There was a chair, no love seat. Our teenagers were in the connecting cabin so the door was open a lot. I finally got tired of walking around the little coffee table and put it in the bottom of the closet. Made a big difference.:)

Archived