Please Ancldaca

FRANCOIS

I will be the march 06, 08 one night only.

I booked the Best wester Pierre, But I will cancell it because they dont use my best western points in PR.

So I am looking for an hotel for 4 near the Plaza Las Americas ?

And I am looking to buy a digital underwater camera, any stores suggestion. Could get the inventory of stores like wallmart like in the US?

Thank you in advance

Francois

Well, Plaza Las Americas is not all that far away from the major tourist areas so a hotel anywhere there should be fine. The shopping center is located in an area called Hato Rey which is just inland - about 15-20 minutes away by car from the all the tourist areas (meaning the beaches and Old San Juan).

Remember that March 6 is a weekday (shops will be open until 9pm), so you will probably run into rush hour traffic in the mornings, around lunchtime, and then again after working hours. Any taxi will be able to take you Plaza. Once you are ready to leave Plaza Las Americas, there's a taxi stand with plenty of taxis. The taxi cost should be somewhere between $15-20 each way; I usually add a couple of more dollars as a tip.

I'm sorry but I can't help you out with the camera suggestion. I haven't looked for one here, but one thing is for sure, if it is available in Puerto Rico, you will probably find it in Plaza.

Maybe instead of buying on the internet and shipping it to your home in Canada you prefer to buy on the net and have it shipped to your hotel here and ask them to hold the package for you?

Although PR is part of the U.S.A., there are still geographically challenged businesses that don't ship here so if you want to do something like that, you will probably have to look up a couple of on-line stores before you find one that ships to PR. I've had decent experiences with JR Electronics and also had very good experiences buying on ebay since there is usually a person on the other side you can contact, not some anonymous customer service department in downtown Mumbai, India.

On February 28, the first Best Buy is opening up just outside Plaza Las Americas, so this could be a choice for you as well. However, it is strongly rumored that prices here will not be as good as stateside - in fact, Best Buy stopped shipping to PR recently which has led to speculation hey did this to protect this higher pricing strategy...

Enjoy your cruise!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived