Need advice for anyone who's done St. Thomas/St. Martin/Nassau

JazzCatDRP

As OP said, you only have 4 hours in Nassau. If that. Arrive 10 am leave 2 pm I think. DH was sick, so DD and I did a carriage ride. In St. Thomas and St. Maarten, we just did the towns. In St. Thomas, we went by private taxi to the tip top of the island. Even further than the sky ride takes you. In fact, we could see the sky ride from where we were. St. Maarten, take the water taxi to the island if possible. The taxi cabs some drop you off in now where land, and make you walk about 10 blocks to get to town.

We do not book exchursions because of my medical conditions. I don't want to book one then not feel like going when it comes time. so the towns suit us just fine.

It is a long walk in St. Maarten from the ship to the waiting bus area. there is a golf cart that will take you the length of the pier for 1$ pp each way. Worth it.

In St. Thomas, we did horn wars when the other two ships left port. We were on Glory. It was fun to listen to the horns battling as they left port.

In St. Maarten is the don't miss excursion--the 12 Meter Regatta. Real retired America's Cup yachts are raced in a match race with you joining the crew and being as active as you desire. We did this in September and will be doing it again in the fall when we go back there.

Doc:D

There's some great ideas here. Make sure you check the board for each port of call for more ideas. We're not crazy about Nassau, so last time we walked over to the British Colonial Hilton and got a day pass for use of the beach & pool. It was fun, relatively inexpensive, and very "British Colonial";)

Carnival does a nice job with weddings, and you picked a great itinerary for your honeymoon!

I'm interested in this thread too.

Which cruise excursions in St. Thomas and St. Maarten would you consider to be the biggest ripoff or disappointment? (Still can't find out exact excursion prices b/c I don't have my passport info to input)

LOL - ironically it's the catamaran excursion someone mentioned before...we paid $90 pp only to find that it's actually more like $35 pp if you book it on your own.

We went to Orient Beach and would go again in a heartbeat. Very easy to get there by cab, and cabs were lined up to bring you back as well. Go left if you're modest, after a few drinks, wander down on the right side. You will see some nudity on the left side, but it's one of the best beaches we've ever been to. You can rent chairs and there is a little restaurant there. How much money you spend will be up to you.

Nassau we cabbed to Atlantis for $4 pp.

He was great, the tour was great, the price is great.

We used him in '03 when we were on the Triumph and I think he was $10 or $15 at the time, lol. I am sure the price has gone up. Plenty of time for shopping, touring and beach time. Picks you up right at the pier.

In St. Maarten we just walked around. LOVED it. It was my favorite port and would LOVE to go back sometime for a week. Its why we basically chose the same itinerary. We had San Juan last time but in Nassau I think we are just going to find the horse and buggy ride and look around the shops.

MonaCD....I have also booked the champagne catermaran excursion and have a question......about how many people are on the catermaran?? I can't find a head count on this excursion. Thank you in advance...... 62 days and counting!!!! :)

Do Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas (I think he's charging $30 pp for the 6 hour tour now), do the shopping/people watching/sight seeing in St. Martin (they also have a little strip of beach right on the ocean front near the shopping area), Nassau I'd get a day pass at the Sheraton/Wyndham Cable Beach properties (you can use both facilities with one $15 pass) or the British Colonial Hilton (also a $15 pass). There are lots of threads on the ports of call boards with the details in how to contact Godfrey and pictures and instructions on how to get to/purchase the daypasses at the resorts in Nassau.

MonaCD....I have also booked the champagne catermaran excursion and have a question......about how many people are on the catermaran?? I can't find a head count on this excursion. Thank you in advance...... 62 days and counting!!!! :)

The day we went there were 45, including 4 crew. The only time it felt crowded was when it started to rain and we all had to get under cover, other then that, it was a fair size boat and room for all. I should mention the "head" was down a hatch and a little awkward to manoevre down to but doable. Of course I don't know if they always use the same boat!

Okay, I'm chiming in here. Been to Nassau twice (neither on cruise), St. Maarten (again, not on a cruise) and St. Thomas (yes, a cruise port. Other than just doing a quick walk-see through town, perhaps wandering to the old lighthouse/tower for some history-I'd skip an excursion in Nassua. St. Maarten is a wonderful island. Lots of great beaches. Orient is nice, but there are some other very secluded beaches that would IMO make a honeymoon feel ultimately romantic-that being said, if you are more into girls gone wild videos...go to Maho Beach Bar right by the airport. If the newly married Mrs. decides to sit at the bar topless, she will drink for free-this could be both a cost saver and entertainment all in one. St. Thomas-we booked our own private sail over to St. John the day our ship docked here. It was OUTSTANDING. We sailed, ate, drank, snorkeled and saw rays, sea turtles, amazing varieties of coral, clown fish, flounder, puffer fish etc. Highly suggest doing some form of water activity here. Best of luck with your new marriage!

Archived