Fuel wasn't really a problem in 2007 for Carnival Corp

Mikel1733

I'm not being sarcastic......I'm being realistic firefly. Why reward a seasoned CEO with a 33% increase in pay and then turn around and stick it to customers. Was the fuel surcharge really necessary if the executives of the corporation were on the ball?

This is what you said

I do know that Corporations have the ability to hedge fuel well into the future on the markets. Glad they did that

I assume you were speaking of Carnival, and they dont hedge fuel, so I couldnt figure out what other than sarcasm you meant.

I don't want to speak for shareholders.....but check out the stock price. It reflects the performance of management.

I got news for you, as someone with multiple stocks, lots of stocks are down now, not just Carnival. They dont move in a vacuum. If you read the part in the article it also said Carnival was hurt 4th qtr by oil prices. So, the stock is down because of oil prices and then they got hit again recently when the news hit that the AG was looking into the fuel surcharge (which I believe was not implemented correctly and probably will have to be rolled back.). The implementation of the surcharge was management's fault. I also blame Carnival management for not being far looking enough to hedge fuel costs so they didnt get hit so hard. RCL was much smarter. But a lot of the stock's movement was moving with the down market.

It just sounds naive to say here that Carnival stock is down because of their management. The whole market is down this year. If this is the only stock you got that dropped, consider yourself lucky.

Well my opinion on this was not well received by the majority so I guess I was wrong. I look at my own business and feel if I raise all my prices and tell my customers I must pass my costs on to you.....that it would be more well received if I don't have a brand new company vehicle parked out front when they come in to pay. No big deal.....thanks for your responses.

Archived