Nascar on Princess

Patybear

I am also an Nascar fan and everytime that we have been on a cruise we have never seen the races on the t.v. They are very limited on the cruise ships as they do not get the satilite feed for the network stations. They now show them sometimes on TBS but that is not shown either. So I always find out by watching ESPN and I usually find who won from them.

Marilyn

And then again, maybe not. Princess does not normally have the regular network stations (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) on the in-cabin television. Sometimes the ESPN is the "en espanol" version with a lot of futbol coverage. Even the CNN is the international version. It depends where you happen to be if there is an NBC satellite signal available. I would suggest asking well beforehand if the signal is available and if it might be put on somewhere.

Chances are slim that unless it's a major national event, the cruiselines don't pay for the feeds. It's very expensive. I think I read that it's about $20K/ship for the SuperBowl. That's just for one event.

There are NASCAR races almost every weekend in the fall (there is one today in Louden, NH) so I doubt that the cruiselines would pick up the cost for multiple events.

As High Roller says, check in the bars although there isn't a Sports bar on every Princess ship.

Patybear,

We are on the same cruise (got our pre-cruise stuff on Saturday , Yippee!!!) and husband is a big NASCAR fan as well. I am assuming since we are at sea on Sunday that he will just miss the race and have to read how Jimmie did online.

2 months from today!

Erin

When I was on the Star Princess in the Med this past August, because of the Olympics they did add additional channels to cabin programing such as Eurosport etc for live continuous coverage of the Olympics and as well I now remember as well that they also were showing Live coverage somewhere on the ship for the Belgium Grand Prix, Fromula 1 racing....so I am now more positive in saying you might be able to get a Nascar race perhaps on a sailing....forgot too mention that in my 1st posting...sorry:(

"nascar is not a sport and is certainly not racing!

formula one is the only true road racing. indy and all other ovals are boring and a big waste of time!" - corkpopr

Bugger! and my flamesuit is at the cleaners......

An argument could be made that the current F1 season has been about as interesting as watching ice melt what with Mr. Schumacher and his dominance with Ferrari. Most races have been over 7-10 laps in, and the F1 honchos are scrambling to save both fans and viewers by injecting more excitment into the races.

I'm just not sure reducing engine size in an effort to slow down cars will be the ticket - grooved tires were supposed to do that and cars are just as fast.

Should be interesting now that Jacques Villeneuve has a seat next season, pity it wasnt with BAR or Williams...

nascar is not a sport and is certainly not racing!

formula one is the only true road racing. indy and all other ovals are boring and a big waste of time!

Well, I tried but I can't stay out of this one.

I agree my preference is road racing vs. oval. However unless you've raced on an oval I don't think you are in a position to claim that it is not racing. Being in a tight draft with a large pack is anything but BORING!!!

LOL, I never would have thought I'd be talking about racing on this forum....

Scott

formula one is always interesting if ferrari is winning consistently. when they are it means all is right with the world like the Yankees winning each year.

yes, anything at over 160 is thrilling or a motorcycle at 130 but oval is not grand prix.

Nascar is one of the few competitve forms of big league racing out there. If they would only have some passing somehow in F1. ON a semi-related subject, did anyone see where the guy on the motorcycle got a ticket for doing 205 :eek: NOT A TYPO! Cop musta been doing 210 :D Actually got hime timed from the air but the pilot said he was only flying at about 105.

Archived