Finally convinced DH

Swimfly

We just booked our first Disney Cruise! It's not until Sept. 2009 but I'm still thrilled. We're both cruise junkies but have remained loyal to RCI. We go to WDW about 2xs/year. I have always wanted to combine our two favorite vacations. It's going to be for my 30th birthday. Any suggestions for a couple traveling without children?

Thanks!

My wife and I will be taking our fourth Disney Cruise next January. As we do not have kids, we always cruise by ourselves, and some of our friends can't believe we cruise on Disney, but we absolutely love it. If you like Disney World, you will love DCL.

Our January cruise will be celebrating my parents' 40th anniversary and my graduation from divinity school, so we really wanted some other family members to go with us. But, at least one family member won't go because its Disney.

As for advice (all of this is for the 7 night, you didn't mention which you booked), don't miss the Champagne brunch at Palo. Also, don't miss dinner at Palo, but wait until the 4th night for your reservation, that way you don't miss show night in Animator's Palate. You also may want to skip the the character breakfast, unless they return to the old style where the characters visit your table.

Since we always go for the later dinner, my wife and I love to go to Rockin' Bar D (WaveBands on the Wonder) right after the early show, get a great table for the family comedy show and enjoy a drink while it is not crowded. When the show is over, we head over to dinner. This has become one of our favorite things to do. There is usually 15-20 minutes before the show starts that we use to relax and talk.

The Passporter guide to Disney Cruise Lines is a great book to use to plan your cruise. I think there is a new edition coming out in March. Planning is half the fun for me, and you will really enjoy the book since you have not cruised on DCL before.

Thanks for the great advice. I will definitely look for that book. We are going on the 4-night cruise. We will plan to do Palo's the 4th night. I really appreciate the suggestion. Is the champagne brunch everyday?

Thanks again!:o

The brunch at Palo is only available on the 7-night. I should have asked which cruise you were taking first! :D

The brunch is available on the 4-day, but only on the sea day.

I returned from my first Disney cruise a few weeks ago. I love Disney theme parks, and have enjoyed previous cruises on RCI and Princess, so was anxious to give DCL a try. I enjoyed the cruise, but wasn't wowed as I expected to be. DCL is a great choice for people cruising with kids, but not as appealing to me cruising without them. It reminded me of a crowded day at the Magic Kingdom when the place is overrun with kids in strollers!

Archived