Infinity Pools / Alaska

pbk917

We don't know where to go with this question, so here it goes. Are the outdoor pools (not the hot tubs) on the Infinity heated? I ask this question because in every pool deck photo we see of the ship in Alaska, there are people in the hot tubs but no one is in the pools even though they are filled. We are booked for July of 2005 Infinity Inside Passage & I have been told that our 12yo daughter is not allowed in the indoor Thalasotherapy pool because she's too young.

Thanks for your help.

outdoor pools aren't heated during Infinity/AK (or any other time that I know of). the kids (and other water lovers) take refuge in the hot tubs unless they are EXTREME polar bears. after four X cruises in Alaska, Pacific Coast, and even the Caribbean, the only time I have ever felt an "outdoor" pool comfortable enough for swimming is the Palm Springs Pool in the covered area at aft of Mercury (I believe Galaxy has something similar).

TR

Millennium 12/12/04

Mercury CA/MX 4/04, Infinity AK 8/03, Century WC 3/03 & EC 9/02

We were actually on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska this past summer, and while there were times it was definitely too chilly to use the outdoor pools (not heated)...there were also PLENTY of times we were able to use the outdoor pools (and we certainly weren't the only ones!).

Hopefully you will also be blessed with nice weather...it's wonderful to relax in the pool and watch snow-capped peaks/glaciers at the same time!

main pool was heated. (I thought that the kids was also contrary to above as they were in there too) But I agree that there were only a few in. Was kind of nice actually had the pool to myself except for one day.

Archived