Celebrity Century Kids Program Help

shirleygr

Hi, looking for some help here. Dh and I had planned a lovely 5 night cruise in April for just the 2 of us on the Century while our girls went to stay with my in-laws. Long story short, my FIL is having health issues and we will need to take the girls with us instead. I have us booked into a CC stateroom but we are on the waiting list for a Sky Suite. Any opinion on those cabin choices?

So, I'm looking for opinions, experiences, etc of Celebrity's Fun Factory. My girls have been on RC, Carnival, NCL and HAL and loved all those programs. Hoping Celebrity will be as entertaining.

Also, if someone could post when there are charges for the program (besides late night), I would appreciate it. Thanks so much!

I have used the kids programs on Various Mellinium Class ships. I am sure that the Century will be similar...although the area is smaller.

I guess it would help to know what exactly your questions are. There are several age groups. The child must be 3 and potty trained. They have sessions from 9am-12 2-6pm and 8-10pm which are all free. Each session has a theme and there is a program that you get in your cabin each night. They also are open for lunch and dinner for a fee of $6/child/hour. The will feed them at the buffet area. The night time after 10pm is also extra except on Formal nights.

The various programs are held in the Fun Factory and various places on the ship.

The last time sailed they also had toddler time for younger than 3. They had a room set aside with approp toys and you had to stay with the child.

What questions do you have exactly?

CB

Hi, CB. I think we must have been posting at the same time. My MIL was very upset when we suggested we take our daughters (7 and 5) with us on the cruise instead of letting them stay with her. At the same time, we are worried the girls will be too much stress with my FIL having problems. So we've decided to cancel the cruise and just stay on land this time around.

You did answer my questions concerning times and charges. I just haven't heard very much about X's children's program. We did not have the best experience with HAL's program last February and was looking for feedback, positive or negative. My girls always enjoy themselves, but I thought the HAL program was understaffed and the facilities were not very extensive. I was wondering if X's programs were appropriately staffed and what kind of activities they offered in the Fun Factory. It's always nice to hear first hand experiences rather than just read what's on the official website.

I know we will be on a X ship one of these days, so I would still appreciate your insights even though they are not as time critical. Thanks!~

I'll just throw in that we had a wonderful experience on the Galaxy. This was a Med cruise last summer.

Our 3 yo even had an accident the first day. They were cool about it and never even mentioned not bringing her back. They were comforting ME! "oh it happens, new toilet..." etc.

My son never wanted to leave. He was glued to the place. I'm all "Please, you have a family who loves you and wants to see you in daylight..."

We celebrated his 8th birthday onboard. They went overboard with it all. It was really special.

Please note that this is a smaller ship with a smaller club but STILL our kids loved it.

Only one complaint, no cartoon channel. Ask about it and mention it if they don't have one.

Oh, and on a practical note, if they offer a one-time fee, do the math but it quickly paid for itself. This covers all the extras, meals, evening sitting, etc. It was new when we sailed.

hth!

Archived